UAD ? Surprise! Another $25 Coupon is Back for This Week Only!

Larry Shelby

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, locrian said:

I just had a chance to try this, and it works great!

Disabling UA Connect does not interfere with plugin function.

I can start using my UAD plugins again...

I hate that I have to be always online while using UAD plugins. I wish they did a check once in a while (a month or so) and let me use the plugin without having to get constantly online.

For me it goes like this:

I’m starting a session in offline mode, and at some point, drag a UAD plugin into a channel… Plugin is not activated. I’m going online, open UAD refresh plugins, remove UAD plugin from the channel, put it back, still “Plugin is not activated.”. So, I have to close the DAW and get back on for it to work. Excuse my manners, but I hate this sh*t, and I won’t get an ilok usb just to make them work offline, and get that panic heart attack that I could lose it or it could break, and no, I won’t pay for ZDC. Someone, please, tell them that they need to do something about this.

This is exacly why I didn’t upgraded to a higher bundle. And I won’t upgrade until I see this fixed somehow.

Edited by Tianzii

I've read somewhere that UAD trialed iLok machine authorisation with some of their freebies and for some reason it caused a bunch of problems for them so they vowed never to do that again. I wouldn’t count on them enabling it any time soon.

6 hours ago, Tianzii said:

I hate that I have to be always online while using UAD plugins. I wish they did a check once in a while (a month or so) and let me use the plugin without having to get constantly online.

For me it goes like this:

I’m starting a session in offline mode, and at some point, drag a UAD plugin into a channel… Plugin is not activated. I’m going online, open UAD refresh plugins, remove UAD plugin from the channel, put it back, still “Plugin is not activated.”. So, I have to close the DAW and get back on for it to work. Excuse my manners, but I hate this sh*t, and I won’t get an ilok usb just to make them work offline, and get that panic heart attack that I could lose it or it could break, and no, I won’t pay for ZDC. Someone, please, tell them that they need to do something about this.

This is exacly why I didn’t upgraded to a higher bundle. And I won’t upgrade until I see this fixed somehow.

Hmm.  I'm able to use all my UAD plugins offline without any problems (Cubase 13/Windows 10) .

• Great Idea 2

28 minutes ago, locrian said:

Hmm.  I'm able to use all my UAD plugins offline without any problems (Cubase 13/Windows 10) .

But hoooowwww?!? Is there any trick like the one before? I’m on mac. 

12 minutes ago, Tianzii said:

But hoooowwww?!? Is there any trick like the one before? I’m on mac. 

I'm not sure how/why it works for me (especially since I'm not using a Mac).  Have you tried contacting UAD's Tech Support?