AAS Summer Sale

cclarry

3 hours ago, MrFigg said:

I keep wondering about Chromaphone. I may have to trial it one day. 

You can get a pretty good idea of what it's capable of due to there being over 100 Chromaphone sounds in Swatches. Of course the trial is the way to go to find out whether you like the programming.

Speaking of programming, synth programming is something that has almost entirely eluded me over the decades, starting 25 years ago with the purchase of my Yamaha CS6X and up through today, with the collection of virtual instruments both relatively simple and hideously complex.

To me it remains as opaque as trying to use a Glitchmachines processor. As in, I can twiddle knobs and make it sound different, but I am unable to start with a sound in my head and then use one of my synths to get it except by browsing its presets. Fortunately, I have enough synths that browsing all their presets would take days, so as long as I can remember what each of the instruments sounds like in general, I can find something.

And speaking of CM-101, I remember that one! I installed it and worked my way through the tutorials and....yeah, oh well.

Sometimes I just have to accept that there are things that I may never get good at and move on.