Record Latency Adjustment device

Hi all, I recently replaced my 10-year-old Sweetwater Creation Station with a new one. I'm having serious latency issues and clicks and pops even at high buffer settings. (1024)

I noticed that in preferences>sync and caching>record latency device is set to ASIO 4all even though I'm using my Apollo Quad firewire as my interface. When I use the drop down to select the Apollo, it defaults back to the ASIO 4all. I tried uninstalling ASIO 4all and it then defaulted to the Realtek driver. I'm not sure if this is my problem, but it seems like I should be using the Apollo for latency adjustment.

FYI... I tried the PreSonus studio one DAW that was included with the new PC and there doesn't seem to be any latency issue

Remove ASIO4ALL key from this registry path if still present:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ASIO

Then click reset Config to Defaults under Preferences > Audio > Config File, reset the driver mode to ASIO and reselect the Apollo driver.

24 minutes ago, David Baay said:

Remove ASIO4ALL key from this registry path if still present:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ASIO

Then click reset Config to Defaults under Preferences > Audio > Config File, reset the driver mode to ASIO and reselect the Apollo driver.

Thanks David. ASIO 4all is gone but now it defaults to Realtek ASIO

so the answer was: remove the realtek ASIO and keep the ASIO4ALL. if you're not using it, the ASIO4ALL doesn't cause any harm. the RealTek software on the other hand, i simply remove the registry settings and disable all the realtek stuff in my device manager. if you uninstall the devices it will simply come back...

oh, and use the WASAPI...

Edited by Glenn Stanton

25 minutes ago, Glenn Stanton said:

so the answer was: remove the realtek ASIO and keep the ASIO4ALL. if you're not using it, the ASIO4ALL doesn't cause any harm. the RealTek software on the other hand, i simply remove the registry settings and disable all the realtek stuff in my device manager. if you uninstall the devices it will simply come back...

oh, and use the WASAPI...

Thanks Glenn, the Record Latency Adjustment device is now my Apollo, but I still have pops and clicks. My old machine ran at 128 buffers without a hiccup. I'm at 1024 and it's almost unusable. I think it may be an issue with the newer motherboards not handling firewire well

ah, so maybe the IO needs updated or the latest drivers as the support site indicates: the firewire interface needs to be a specific type (presumably you have that one from your previous system), and you'll need the Apollo ASIO drivers or using windows WDM. https://help.uaudio.com/hc/en-us/articles/205927069-Apollo-FireWire-Windows-Compatibility

also this: https://help.uaudio.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001288543-Apollo-FireWire-Installation-Registration-Authorization