80% OFF on HoRNet Plugins - Limited Time Offer!

cclarry

21 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

I wonder if Hornet has a 1176 or CLA-76 alternative plugin?  And if not, anyone know if he plans to create it?

I thought he had one already, but it doesn't look like it. He does offer a lot of other well designed comps.

You should be able to write to them through the Contact Us and ask if they will make one or at least the closest one he has to that style. 

• Great Idea 1

8 hours ago, El Diablo said:

I wonder if Hornet has a 1176 or CLA-76 alternative plugin?  And if not, anyone know if he plans to create it?

We don't have an 1176 emulation, we have a FET model in both Channelstrip MK3, Multicomp and Multicomp Plus MK2. That model is the digital simulation of the circuit of the 1176, it's not an emulation of a specific hardware model. We are working right now on an 1176 exact emulation. though!

Saverio

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, HoRNet said:

We don't have an 1176 emulation, we have a FET model in both Channelstrip MK3, Multicomp and Multicomp Plus MK2. That model is the digital simulation of the circuit of the 1176, it's not an emulation of a specific hardware model. We are working right now on an 1176 exact emulation. though!

Saverio

Cool!  I went ahead and bought Multicomp Plus MK2 and even though you don't say what kind of compressor model is used in MBC, I went ahead and bought that too just a few minutes ago.

I look forward to see your 1176 emulation!

Edited by El Diablo
  • Like 1

To let everyone know my favorite plugins from Hornet below (in order of usage):

*** HoRNet TheNormalizer(usage in every song)

*** HoRNet HA2A (love this compression!)

HoRNet Total EQ (playing with this one can create and find new ways to do things... Still waiting on the combination of this and MultiFreqs)

HoRNet MultiFreqs

HoRNet CLMS

Plugins I'm looking at / interested but not sure on buying

HoRNet SpringVerb

HoRNet DeeLay Plus

Plugins I'm confused on

HoRNet TrackShaper

HoRNet Spikes

-----------------------------------------

Plugin Wishlist from Hornet:

1176 / CLA-76 alternative (Hornet says he's working on it)

StudioRack Alternative: 

Don't need a whole library to look up plugin chains, just the plugin that can host other plugins via a parallel split or multiband split or both or none.

A ability to create "plugin chains" with either parallel split or multi-band split or just a plugin options in the chain.  The parallel split, would allow you to assign multiple plugins in the parallel split with mix knobs, stereo knob, etc.

Being able to save the plugin chain to use on other DAWs or share with others. 

I would think Hornet's version of this would be less CPU intensive than Waves and wouldn't include all the bloat.  The new StudioRack by Waves is even more bloat!  Hopes that Hornet maybe create it someday, no priority.

• Like 2

I use the meters (vu/lms) for gain staging all over the place, the coherence meter on 2bus to check dynamic range, and the vhs for headphones (very useful!)

Also like the new limiter/clipper, and the 32 eq/analyser as a low cpu Gulfoss alternative -- their master tool is sort of a combination of those; been finding the sleek quite useful, and will probably grab the new harmonics thing when it goes on sale (who am I kidding, "probably").  Also like their autovolume pro -- use that or the melda one from time to time.

Likewise, weaning myself off of wup, which I've only had to do after silicon mac.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mark Dineen said:

Likewise, weaning myself off of wup, which I've only had to do after silicon mac.

Yes.  WUP would cost me $160 this year, whereas if I just wait for Hornet to create the 1176 emulation, would save me money.  The yearly cost of WUP, verses the rare updates they do to the plugins, isn't worth it to me.  It should be, buy once and your done....but with Waves Audio, it's buy it again every year with hope they might add a new feature.  Bug fixes shouldn't be part of a yearly cost. 

I'm just not going to WUP, because I need that money to create an upgrade computer instead.  My current system is over 15 years old.  Waves Audio has some really great plugins, stable, never given me issues... Why in the world do I need to keep "buying" them again every year?  I would rather see Waves Audio focus more on creating new plugins than to just sit on the old ones bleeding thier customers dry every year!

Hornet Plugins is a life saver.  Without demoing most of his plugins, I just buy them.  I trust his ability to create great plugins.  I would love to see Hornet recreate several plugins of Waves Audio, do all I have to worry about it buy once.

• Like 1

Wow thank you for the appreciation :) we like to build tools that people actually sue and help get the mix come faster automating as much as possible every aspect of the mix. For this reason thee 1176 we are working on will have the same "auto" feature as HA2A and auto attack and release.

Saverio

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, HoRNet said:

Wow thank you for the appreciation :) we like to build tools that people actually sue and help get the mix come faster automating as much as possible every aspect of the mix. For this reason thee 1176 we are working on will have the same "auto" feature as HA2A and auto attack and release.

Saverio

I was hoping there would be manual adjustments attack and release of the 1176 just in case you'd prefer to tweek it some ?

On 6/27/2024 at 3:25 PM, El Diablo said:

I was hoping there would be manual adjustments attack and release of the 1176 just in case you'd prefer to tweek it some ?

Yes sure you have all the standard controls of any 1176 emulation then like we have for our HA2A you have different "auto" buttons that sets those controls for you.

Saverio

1 hour ago, HoRNet said:

Yes sure you have all the standard controls of any 1176 emulation then like we have for our HA2A you have different "auto" buttons that sets those controls for you.

Saverio

Message me as soon as you've got a working version.  I will definitely buy the first version you've got, as I'm sure you'll update it at no cost if any bugs are found.