pspaudioware plugins for - 19.99$

satya

• satya changed the title to pspaudioware plugins for - 19.99$
15 hours ago, pwal³ said:

i'da kept buying their stuff but they switched to ilok :(

Let me say this about that. I go all the way back to iLok dongles for Centronics printer ports. Each "protected" application came with its own dongle. iLok "claimed" that you could chain the dongles, but the reality was that only the dongle directly connected to the computer was recognized. So, I was constantly having to disconnect my printer and swap dongles. Even with a single dongle, a lot of stress was placed on the connector on my motherboard due to the thick, stiff printer cable.

Fast forward to the USB dongle. I have one. It has NEVER worked reliably and now, on my new laptop, isn't recognized at all. I can't even deauthorize the Slate plugins that are on it.

But, I have NEVER had a single problem with plugins that support licensing to my PC/laptop. Authorizing plugins via the app is super simple. I have over 100 plugins authorized to my laptop and they all work perfectly, every single time.

And then iLok added Cloud support. Dongle? Bad. Cloud? Terrible.

Most plugins vendors permit 2 or 3 authorizations. The idea that a user can move between multiple machines, taking their dongle or Cloud authorizations, is a limited use case. I'll grant that it works for a few peeps.

Some early Slate plugins were dongle-only and never supported machine authorization. Then the Cloud came along and they added support for Cloud authorizations, but never for machine authorizations. I contacted their customer support several times, mentioning my inability to use the dongle reliable. They never once responded, not even an automated response. So, F Slate.

PSP supports machine authorizations. As they have updated their plugins, they have switched from a license key file to iLok. Like I said, iLok registration and authorization was super simple and totally reliable.

In my opinion, PSP now using iLok protection should not cause anyone any hesitation or flat-out rejection.

Edited by John Maar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, John Maar said:

Fast forward to the USB dongle. I have one. It has NEVER worked reliably and now, on my new laptop, isn't recognized at all.

I wonder what may have caused this, I never had problems with my 2 iLok dongles. Also very easy if your system is offline!

1 hour ago, John Maar said:

But, I have NEVER had a single problem with plugins that support licensing to my PC/laptop. Authorizing plugins via the app is super simple.

Currently I am replacing one system. I am glad that I have quite a lot of authorizations on my iLok, is super simple to transfer! 😄 With many vendors it is elaborate to do re-authorization (machine-auth) on the new pc! The best ones are like Klanghelm (no authorization quirk!), but surprisingly Plugin Alliance did also work very easy (I used offline authorization! One file for all my plugins!). IMHO the worst are the ones that require the installation of a Management software first. Also with machine authorizations I've had trouble that auth servers were no more available or had changed their logic (e.g. CbB)!

I have never pirated software and thus I don't understand why a lot of companies punish the loyal customers with authorization hassles. I think setting up the new system I had used minimum a third of the time for non-dongle authorization (days!).