Waves v15 is here, celebrated by another 25% off WUP.

cclarry

I confess, I actually just WUPed my MannyM bundle, and the 2 MannyM freebies that they gave away since I bought the bundle originally in v10 (EQ and Tone) aren't showing up in v15. I've tried manually uninstalling those two and everything else I can think of and have read,  and still they don't show up. So now I'm uninstalling every gd Waves plugin and just starting with the few I have that are v15. I'll reinstall the others if I decide I want them or need them for a previous mix. Needless to say, I'm reminded once again how much I hate their installation process and how they tried to force me into a subscription.  🤬

If the Manny plugins and the Scheps Omni Channel were somewhere else, I'd buy them in a heartbeat.

Edited by mibby

14 hours ago, Max Arwood said:

It is lighter on the CPU than Abbey Roads. AR is way different than Capital Chambers. CC has a deep rich sound and is very tweakable, more than AR. I like it for some things. Probably more likely to use  CC on vocals. In UAD I use the Lex 224 more. Oh yes,  I still like AR better for drums if the cpu is not too loaded down at the end of a project.  😊 I am kinda new to CC 1yr.

Thanks for sharing! The universe seems to be leading me to Capital Chambers...

I've read a bunch of comparisons in other forums between Abbey Roads and Capital Chambers and the consensus seems to be that CC easily wins for both efficiency and sound. Based on audio demos (I need to try the product demo), I love the sound of CC, but I still love the sound of AR too. I think what got me with the audio demos for CC was the Burt Bachrach piano vibe that I just love. I most want to try CC on piano. Even better if I could use it real time. I love AR on piano and wish I could use it real time, because I find it inspiring when I play, but I'm doing projects with 20+ tracks of Kontakt sampled instruments and effects on some of those tracks, the latency when putting AR on a sampled piano can be a deal breaker. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
Clarifying that one reference to demos was for audio demos, the other for the trial version of the plugin
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, mibby said:

aren't showing up in v15. I've tried manually uninstalling those two and everything else

I read that some older plugins were not in the V15. (I thought that was odd????) There was a note - it said you could download older version on top of v15 if they were missing after your install. Sorry I don’t have the link. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Max Arwood said:

I read that some older plugins were not in the V15. (I thought that was odd????) There was a note - it said you could download older version on top of v15 if they were missing after your install. Sorry I don’t have the link. 

So that worked - uninstalling everything Waves then reinstalling just the WUPed few plugins I have. My MannyM and the Omni Channel plugins all showing up now. I'll see if there's anything I miss besides those... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr No Name said:

do they actually improve the plug in after a WUP?

Well, the only difference with the MannyM bundle that I see is a resizeable UI and the newer preset browser. I originally bought them 7 years ago. (?) They were v10.  It's arguable whether you should be charged for that "upgrade".

I also WUPed Scheps Omni Channel a couple of years ago to get the "new" one for $12. Same updates there too.

I wanted a bigger UI because my eyes are getting bad. 🙂

• Thanks 1

Yes there are improvements from time to time, and bug fixes. Bundles like Mercury are always adding plugins for free. It is the best level to buy into waves, because of the WUP cap. This makes the WUP upgrade less than $1 per plug-in. Even with my meager income this is a bargain. As far as I know, waves are usable  in any DAW you might think to use.  Any studio that is descent will have waves plugins. I have some plugins still at v9. Must be time for me to WUP. That’s 6yrs no WUP no problems with mixed versions.  Silly me I still use to Q10 released in 1992 lol