Waves v15 is here, celebrated by another 25% off WUP.

cclarry

1 hour ago, Vernon Barnes said:

Has any one go Waves 15 working. They have scanned OK but wont load in both Studio One 6 and Bitwig.  (I went to try in Cakewalk but I need to sort out the Bandlab account authorisation before I can do that,)

Got a handful of V15 and they are working fine in Bitwig on the latest Beta 8 for me. 

2 hours ago, Vernon Barnes said:

Has any one go Waves 15 working.

Will let ya know in a little while. Just d/l and CW is scanning as I type.

I am *'n WUPped and I get v15 for free!! Talk about luck!!

[edit] once I check them out in CW, I will try SO6 and see if they are working there for ya too.

Edited by Grem

6 hours ago, Grem said:

Will let ya know in a little while. Just d/l and CW is scanning as I type.

I am *'n WUPped and I get v15 for free!! Talk about luck!!

[edit] once I check them out in CW, I will try SO6 and see if they are working there for ya too.

I just found out to WUP half the plugins that are out of date is going to cost me $180 with 25% off and less at everyplugin.

• Like 1

@Vernon Barnes Yes I was able to use many Waves Abbey Road plugins. I was trying a lot of them today just to refresh myself. I have a tendency to use the same ones. And I was able to use almost all of the Waves Instruments (some real nice gems in that bunch too!). That's why I didn't get back with you right away!! Just got lost playing around.

Didn't remember to try them in Studio One. Won't get to that until tomorrow.

Edited by Grem

37 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

is going to cost me $180 with 25% off and less at everyplugin.

If I am gonna get WUPped, I do it at everyplugin.com!!

Koby got the best prices for Waves stuff.

:)

Edited by Grem
  • Like 1

No problems installing and activating Waves v15.

All works fine in Studio One. At first sight some plugins may appear not to be there, but they have just been renamed.

Don't know about CbB I don't use it.

PSA - personally as a general rule it's Everyplugin and the Kman for gettin' WUP'd, and Best Service for Studio One Upgrades.

19 hours ago, topaz said:

Studioverse is a nightmare, time to remove everything and reinstall only plugins.

what the hell are waves doing.💩

I don't or haven't as yet used Studioverse myself, but I have read on a couple of other forums that the folks aren't having any issues with it and think it's pretty awesome.

I try my best to stay away from Waves plugins.   Their WUP is a killer year and year after year.    I have been buying plugins that don't require renewing,  the manufacturer just provides free updates.   

Don't get me wrong, I am going to continue using my Waves Plugins until I can't any longer and receive the free ones offered by various Youtubers and folks giving them away, but I won't ever buy another one.

DOWN WITH WUP, ... DOWN WITH WUP, .... DOWN WITH WUP, .... 👎

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

On 6/26/2024 at 9:10 AM, Heath Row said:

No problems installing and activating Waves v15.

All works fine in Studio One. At first sight some plugins may appear not to be there, but they have just been renamed.

Don't know about CbB I don't use it.

PSA - personally as a general rule it's Everyplugin and the Kman for gettin' WUP'd, and Best Service for Studio One Upgrades.

I don't or haven't as yet used Studioverse myself, but I have read on a couple of other forums that the folks aren't having any issues with it and think it's pretty awesome.

Thanks for the response to my issue. I contacted Waves support who provided the solution. It appears Studio One VST scan was not picking up the update properly and resetting the VST settings and forcing a complete scan fixed the issue.

11 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

I got RennMaxx updated for a little over $8

Yeah, I do want to clarify and earlier post in another thread I can't change where I posted the WUP for Abbey Road Chambers was over $70 USD. I didn't realize that Waves automatically checked boxes for some of my other plugins that were below the fold that I didn't notice. The actual cost is $15 USD to update that, which I'd pay in a heartbeat if Waves could make it more efficient. (While I don't like WUP, I love the Abbey Road series enough that I'm willing to pay for WUP to keep the plugins working or get more efficient versions). 

I've heard  UADCapitol Chambers is similarly excellent but isn't such a resource hog. I think my version is 11 or 12. I read they made a later version more efficient for the Mac but couldn’t find anything about better optimization for Windows. If anyone sees this knows that they have optimized it, please let me know. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

39 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Has WUP ever had a higher discount?

Not much. Every year around a certain time they will.offer a sale on WUP. And when that happens, Koby has even a better discount. 

And at the present rate I WUP, I don't think it's a bad deal at all.

That said, I certainly will not, nor would I recommend you get WUP'd up every year. No need that I can see. Unless you got to have that certain plugin  now included with your bundle.

4 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Well I  accidentally WF'upd that. 

Oh that's a good one!!

Contact Koby, if he can help he will. He has done it for me in the past. Great customer service with him. If he can't help he will tell.you what you can do and how to go about it.

Edited by Grem

On 6/27/2024 at 7:27 PM, kitekrazy said:

v15 broken in new Reaper

Some DAWs you have to reset the plugin scan to get them to work.

I tried a few in Reaper 7.01 and Studio One to see if they worked in there because they didn't work in CWbBL. 

Even a re-set/rescan didn’t fix the issue in CWbBL

Edited by Grem

On 6/27/2024 at 4:02 PM, PavlovsCat said:

I've heard  UADCapitol Chambers is similarly excellent but isn't such a resource hog.

It is lighter on the CPU than Abbey Roads. AR is way different than Capital Chambers. CC has a deep rich sound and is very tweakable, more than AR. I like it for some things. Probably more likely to use  CC on vocals. In UAD I use the Lex 224 more. Oh yes,  I still like AR better for drums if the cpu is not too loaded down at the end of a project.  😊 I am kinda new to CC 1yr.

• Like 1