Waves v15 is here, celebrated by another 25% off WUP.

cclarry

I updated what I had a "free" update for.  Looking at the release notes, absolutely hilarious.  It's almost as if they have one person doing all of the updates and bug fixes.  What a joke.  It's like they're bragging about knowing how to tie their shoes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, LittleStudios said:

I updated what I had a "free" update for.  Looking at the release notes, absolutely hilarious.  It's almost as if they have one person doing all of the updates and bug fixes.  What a joke.  It's like they're bragging about knowing how to tie their shoes.

If I was in the marketing dept at a company like Melda, I'd certainly have a field day pointing out once again - free updates and support for life as well as the list of actual updates that provide value to the end user. 

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 2

1 hour ago, Doug Rintoul said:

AMD Ryzen 7 is not supported? WHAT???

Weird thing is that Waves 14 says the same thing. I have not had any issues with Waves 14 on my Ryzen 7.

Just don't ask them for help if you're all WUPped up.  :)

AMD Ryzen 3 here...

• Haha 2

Larry's concept of celebrating WUP gave me a laugh. It's funny that we have a small group of contrarians who are now the pro WUP constituency. I was actually an early pro WUPer. But only as a joke. I did it to contrast myself with Fleer and I would take indefensible stands praising the merits of WUP. It's pretty funny that we now have some folks making the same cases I once made as a joke. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Doug Rintoul said:

AMD Ryzen 7 is not supported? WHAT???

Weird thing is that Waves 14 says the same thing. I have not had any issues with Waves 14 on my Ryzen 7.

I was told 20 years ago to not ever use AMD chipset for any music production and to always use Intel chipsets.  I'll stand by this, even today, knowing what you just mentioned.

• Like 1

I retract

Credit to emasters on kvr for explaining things clearly.

"Interested in this but it looks as if I have to download all their plugins to try it out?"

In Waves Central, select the "Install Products" section on the upper left. Then select the "All Products" tab. Scroll down and you can individually install StudioVerse Audio Effects and/or StudioVerse Instruments. Reboot and rescan. When it asks to login via the web, do so. Ignore any error messages after logging in. I don't subscribe to Creative Access (perpetual licenses instead). This approach worked fine here. Alas, not very intuitive in terms of the steps to follow. But you can avoid the Demo version and all the associated plugins that would otherwise get installed with the demo.

Studioverse is a nightmare, time to remove everything and reinstall only plugins.

what the hell are waves doing.💩

Edited by topaz

23 minutes ago, topaz said:

Studioverse is a nightmare, time to remove everything and reinstall only plugins.

what the hell are waves doing.💩

I love the old one, but the new one I don't even want it.

• Like 1