Nu Sonar driver issue when using Discord

My wife and I both have our own studios. I do art and music. She writes, does art, and games on a MMOG. 

We communicate and hang out together in our separate studios by using Discord.

In all the other DAWs I use, I can run Discord parallel with that DAW and have no issues. Using Cakewalk by Bandlab, Discord would quit working as soon as I started the program. I could simply restart Discord, and everything would work fine. I started the sub again yesterday for Nu Sonar. Using the same method of restarting Discord when I started Nu Sonar, it would work for a bit, but after a few minutes Discord would give me the warning that my mic was no longer working. I'd reboot and keep going. Tested this again yesterday with Ableton Live 12, Cubase 13, Bitwig 5.2, Studio One 6.6, and the latest Cakewalk by Bandlab. In all those programs I had zero issues with getting Discord to run alongside the program. Several tests with Nu Sonar and there's some kind of conflict that won't release the driver to Discord. 

Something changed from Cakewalk by Bandlab to Nu Sonar that makes Discord unusable for me.

Maybe you are you running driver mode in Sonar WASAPI exclusive. Also check "suspend audio engine when Sonar not in focus".

I only run ASIO mode but in WASAPI I have encountered similar issues.

41 minutes ago, veetek said:

Maybe you are you running driver mode in Sonar WASAPI exclusive. Also check "suspend audio engine when Sonar not in focus".

I only run ASIO mode but in WASAPI I have encountered similar issues.

I'm in ASIO using a Presonus Studio 6/8. I have the box checked for "suspend audio engine when Sonar not in focus". The settings work in Bandlab Cakewalk just fine, but not in Nu Sonar.