Plugin Boutique WaveOSC Synth - $7.25

cclarry

I bought the Union synth (and a few banks Plugin Boutique sold for it), that this evolved from. I think the developer was called Initial Audio [EDIT: As Vst0nE points out below, the company was named SoundSpot, not Initial Audio]. I found the synth to be pretty meh. But maybe PB improved it enough to make it worthwhile for 7 bucks. I'd be interested in opinions from anyone who picks this up. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
Corrected the name of the company that made Union synth.

20 minutes ago, solodancer said:

Might be the worst sounding synth I have heard yet. Might as well take that $7.25 and literally toss it out the window.

Okay, I watched some of that video and have to agree. Those patches were pretty much like I recall with Union. Meh. 

For anyone considering this synth, I'd say add a couple of bucks (or whatever your local currency is) and pick up Miniraze instead. Fleer and some others had posted about it early this week that led me to demoing it and I think it's really good -- and vastly superior to WaveOSC, as is the awesome and completely free synth, Vital. 

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/1-Instruments/4-Synth/9162-Miniraze?refSrc=12087%2C9162&nosto=frontpage-nosto-3

• Like 3

Guess it depends on your particular genre, but I actually like some of the presets/sounds. 

Not bad for 7 bucks.

And not bad if you're looking for a cheap product to obtain one of the PB freebies of the month.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

depends which type of music, but for dance /techno/house type of music I would highly recommend it, better than many other softsynths I've heard.

plus a free rhodes plug in, widener/delay

👍

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

I bought the Union synth (and a few banks PB sold back for it), that this evolved from. I think the developer was called Initial Audio. I found it to be pretty meh. But maybe PB improved it enough to make it worthwhile for 7 bucks. I'd be interested in opinions from anyone who picks this up. 

not initial audio but closed store of soundspot.audio, PB took it over from soundspot.audio

this WaveOSC is basically based copy of soundspot.audio UNION VST which most of you already have it

• Like 2

13 hours ago, solodancer said:

Might be the worst sounding synth I have heard yet. Might as well take that $7.25 and literally toss it out the window.

Ayyyy, thanks for linking my video hahaha

The part 1 of that video goes through the synth in more detail:

The presets aren't amazing (was the same on Union) but, surprisingly, it can sound fantastic pretty easily. I don't know what it is about this synth but I really like working in it.

I actually just finished a preset pack for it and I tried to reach Plugin Boutique to see if they might be interested in releasing it but I haven't heard anything back.

I think it's worth picking up, especially when it's on sale like this. It cost me a bit more than this with the intro offer to upgrade when it came out.

Edited by Luc
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Mr No Name said:

tbf , his riffing skills wern't great.

I can't say I disagree lollll I will do better, I promise! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/23/2024 at 2:28 PM, Luc said:

I can't say I disagree lollll I will do better, I promise! 🤣

@Luc  Recently, after you and I posted in a different thread and conversed a little, I clicked on the link your sig file to your YouTube channel and watched a couple of your videos (and gave them likes!). I especially enjoyed your video about why you decided to do YouTube videos after turning 50 and couldn't help but want to cheer you on. I found your style was helpful, warm and friendly. You're a good speaker, good on camera and most importantly -- and this is something you can't teach -- you're likable.  Keep it up. Whether or not everyone is a fan of this synth, I think we can agree that we like you and hope you succeed. - Peter

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

@Luc  Recently, after you and I posted in a different thread and conversed a little, I clicked on the link your sig file to your YouTube channel and watched a couple of your videos (and gave them likes!). I especially enjoyed your video about why you decided to do YouTube videos after turning 50 and couldn't help but want to cheer you on. I found your style was helpful, warm and friendly. You're a good speaker, good on camera and most importantly -- and this is something you can't teach -- you're likable.  Keep it up. Whether or not everyone is a fan of this synth, I think we can agree that we like you and hope you succeed. - Peter

Wow, thanks so much for taking the time to write those kind words, Peter. You seriously made my day!

I always wonder what people think of my presence on camera. I'm glad it comes off ok hahaha

I really needed this today, actually. Thanks again.

• Like 5