Allen & Heath Zedi-10FX stressing me out!

Dazzla

Question

I recently purchased the A&H Zedi-10FX and ever since it has been a nightmare to work with. First of all I am very new to all of this music production jargon, routing, etc.  but seeing that the Zedi-10fx could be an audio interface and a mixer as well as a streaming device, I decided to go with it. 

My first problem is even getting it to playback any tracking I record in Cakewalk. I play 4 chords and track it. Then when I play it back in order to record a lead guitar piece over it, it sounds so garbled over my headphones (monitor). I have used the following routing in cakewalk. Even if I change the output to 'Master', it doesn't make any difference. 

image.png.2b0b1ee84d7f951246e7df926f9f2da7.png

image.thumb.png.e4cbd29d507c95da722730980477f588.png

Secondly, I can't seem to understand how the drivers work. The Zedi has ASIO drivers which I have downloaded and installed but when I go to Cakewalk preferences and choose ASIO, i get the following error

image.png.8ad1e8485c02fd870fbace88cd0c336a.png

If i choose No and stay with ASIO, the laptop hangs like hell and I just can't do anything else. So i just kept it as WASAPI but still experience the aforementioned issue of garbled audio playback. 

Here's a snapshot of the Zedi Driver. Note the ASIO not active momentarily flips to ASIO active (PC mode) but switches back in less than a second.  Does having a ASIO compliant audio interface mean that I don't need to choose ASIO from the Cakewalk driver menu and can just stay with WASAPI shared? Would there be any benefit in using ASIO4ALL? 

image.png.1fa792c4ed2d2e7d8e1ffba478e8d7c2.png

I am using a Dell laptop with Realtek ASIO which I've heard causes issues and have produced tracks with this before but not using a standalone audio interface. Now that i have an audio interface, I expected the workflow to be more seamless (if I can get it to work). My laptop specs are Dell latitude 5310 i7-10610U CPU @ 1.80GHz   2.30 GHz, , 16 GM RAM, Windows 11 Pro. 

Heres what my PC audio looks like:

image.thumb.png.53b68903ce6fb159786ea63e5b731718.png

image.thumb.png.549015c6bb84a4046782b92a8d6dbd04.png

I know that this post is long winded but I'm getting pretty desperate at this point. I just wanna be able to start making music. Thanks

2 answers to this question