Kazrog - Latest True Iron & True Dynamics Update crashed those programs. Kazrog blame Cakewalk?

As usual, notification of the latest update from Kazrog arrived via email. 

But both True Iron & True Dynamics would not load after being updated - showing errors.

I contacted Kazrog and received this....  any thoughts anyone? image.thumb.png.ca2f22b65ca982de19bb57fe1fec9fa5.png

weird because i just updated them yesterday and they're working fine in my Sonar & CW - True Dynamics, True Iron and KClip3. and yes, some companies are blaming CW for their poor implementation of the latest VST3 spec - and some of those need to have the .vst3 folder extension removed so they work. but many of the properly implemented ones work fine.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2024 at 12:49 PM, Steve Ennever said:

But both True Iron & True Dynamics would not load after being updated - showing errors.

I contacted Kazrog and received this....  any thoughts anyone? 

Hmm. Kazrog blames Cakewalk, says Cakewalk don't support newer VST3 spec? Seems unlikely, Cakewalk are proud of their strong support for the VST spec.

You try to contact Cakewalk support? What do they say? Cakewalk engineers need to learn of this issue. Kazrog should have dropped them some email if they thought it was Cakewalk's fault.

still working for me. even with the .vst3 extension... ? maybe try a re-install and make sure you have proper permissions on the plugin folder as well as perhaps using run as admin in the install? sometimes user level installs into program file folders don't always behave as expected - MS at it's best trying to secure your desktop from you... ? 

On 7/3/2024 at 4:37 PM, Glenn Stanton said:

still working for me. even with the .vst3 extension... ? maybe try a re-install and make sure you have proper permissions on the plugin folder as well as perhaps using run as admin in the install? sometimes user level installs into program file folders don't always behave as expected - MS at it's best trying to secure your desktop from you... ? 

True Iron - my only Kazrog plugin - working fine here. Updated in the last few days. 

Hope you get that sorted soon Steve.

It seems strange, something going on there with OP's system I would guess. Shane/Kazrog are excellent plugin developer/s, I have all their plugins and no issues with any, of course I don't use Cakewalk/Sonar any longer (2015) but I would be surprised if they were just making things up. I'd uninstall correctly and completely, re download the files (they are only small in size) and install again and see how it goes.

I just had a quick scan over at Gearspace and KVR and couldn't find anything and can't remember reading anything.