Orange Tree Samples Summer group buy - 60% off!

Yan Filiatrault

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, mibby said:

"Evolution Indie Rock" = "I'm not even a keyboard player, why am I buying these?? Dammit Simeon!"

I often watch Simeon's  videos just to enjoy his playing and creativity, even when I have no interest in the library he's playing -- always well aware that if I buy the same library, I can't play it at a level anywhere close to Simeon's playing. 

Maybe we can petition Simeon to add a segment where he plays at a more attainable level for most of us that would go something like this: 

"Now that you've heard what it sounds like when someone very talented plays in our 'Joyful Journeys' video series, we're going to be introducing a new series called 'Questionable Quests' to reflect performances closer to how most of you will actually be playing these libraries."

Then Simeon can either scale back the quality of his playing significantly, bring in someone in with no chops (I'm your guy!), or just let his cat walk across the keyboard! ;)

Also, darn, I just gave away a great April Fools Day video idea!

Edited by PavlovsCat

Currently, I'm evaluating SLIDE bundle, particularly, Lap Steel instrument and do find it worth every cent. 

Seriously speaking, the more I think about, the more it makes sense to buy libraries of instruments that I don't actually play.  I'm trying to decide between Banjo and ...

8w01mm.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Soundwise said:

Currently, I'm evaluating SLIDE bundle, particularly, Lap Steel instrument and do find it worth every cent. 

Seriously speaking, the more I think about, the more it makes sense to buy libraries of instruments that I don't actually play.  I'm trying to decide between Banjo and ...

8w01mm.jpg

I love Evolution Bluegrass Banjo, Evolution Mandolin, Slide Acoustic and Lap Steel. While I don't use them as much as regular electric and acoustic guitars, I love incorporating them into songs.

I'm using the banjo, mandolin, and lap steel on a new recording of one of my original songs from the past that I'm currently working on and find them inspiring to play. I used a factory preset from the acoustic slide guitar library for the riff in my original song. "Every Day" and find it's great for riffs (I probably should do MIDI editing; the riff was just me playing the library in real time; consequently, if someone plays with better technique or does MIDI editing, it wouldn't be difficult to improve on what I played). 

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Fleer said:

Group Buy is ending in less than 24 hrs

I got the Evolution Rock this time. Haven't had a chance to play around with it yet.

• Like 3
  • Great Idea 1