FabFilter Pro Bundle (plugin format AUv3) $89.99!

GTsongwriter

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Nitrate Audio said:

some of my iPad apps show up on my Mac. Thats why I ask.

see above

sorry.. was confused on this thread since i was working on posting Cubasis and thought of it when answering.  Pat Osterday answers the question.

Edited by El Diablo

2 hours ago, El Diablo said:

see above

sorry.. was confused on this thread since i was working on posting Cubasis and thought of it when answering.  Pat Osterday answers the question.

so where are we with ipads and DAWs these days? how is the new Cubasis and workflow compared to the first one?

15 minutes ago, Nitrate Audio said:

so where are we with ipads and DAWs these days? how is the new Cubasis and workflow compared to the first one?

I bought it recently.

From my playing around with it, it can do quite a bit.  The only problem is that there’s so much lack of plugins externally and maybe reason why all the plugins are so much cheaper on iPads.  FabFilter is extremely cheaper that it might be better to buy now before people find out !!

There’s ToneBridge plugin that can grab the guitar sound from any guitar from any song and make your guitar sound just like that guitar and it is free.  Plugin works in Cubasis.

If you buy Cubasis, I highly recommend Halion Sonic collection, because those sounds are much better than default.  Or find a external instrument plugin.

Cubasis hasn’t crashed on me yet (knock on ?).

I plan to use Cubasis with FabFilter to do by mastering and I still will use my desktop computer for the mixing / creation process because I have thousands of sounds that I can’t figure out how to get Cubasis to use them as it doesn’t support VST, but only AUv3.

I have Cubasis1 and Korg Gadget. Also a  whole bunch of the Waves plugins. Also a decent mastering suite that got discontinued. I like the idea of the mobile DAW.. but my issue was the bitch and a half of moving files between apps. It was a PITA to use AudioShare all the time. I was hoping things have gotten better as I see the new iPad are very very powerful.

57 minutes ago, Nitrate Audio said:

I have Cubasis1 and Korg Gadget. Also a  whole bunch of the Waves plugins. Also a decent mastering suite that got discontinued. I like the idea of the mobile DAW.. but my issue was the bitch and a half of moving files between apps. It was a PITA to use AudioShare all the time. I was hoping things have gotten better as I see the new iPad are very very powerful.

Yes, I’m trying to still figure out the best way to share files from desktop to iPad Cubasis.  I may end up just putting audio wav tracks into a usb as the file transfer process.  I was thinking about getting Cubase for the PC, but they’ve not created a easy method of sharing project files.  It is as if Cubasis and Cubase is two totally different software packages.  Cubasis is most likely going to serve me as a mastering DAW.