APD Deal: Ascension by Cubic Audio - 90% Off

cclarry

Total no brainer, great little synth with tons od content.

Sad how  instruments like this slip off the radar in a sea of products.

Works great in unify when mapped 😉 

Edited by topaz

It sounds alright, but what gives me pause is that it's 6GB, basically a rompler (their copy reads "more than a rompler" -- but I'm thinking in terms of the drive space it takes up) .  It this was under 1GB, I easily would have snapped it up. 

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

2 hours ago, Fleer said:

It’s the MIDI, idiots!

Okay, so maybe I didn't attend a fancy schmancy school like Harvard like the Forum elites (ha! I'm going to make that a thing), but I'm just going to assume that you're calling someone else an idiot. 

I'm guessing that most of that 6GB is not MIDI and I'm not interested in MIDI or loops played by someone else. I want to play for myself, that's why I do this hobby.  So the MIDI is not of interest to me, the sound / patches of the synth are. But while it sounds okay, to me, it doesn't sound great or as good as other synths that are far less than 1GB. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

Okay, so maybe I didn't attend a fancy schmancy school like Harvard like the Forum elites (ha! I'm going to make that a thing), but I'm just going to assume that you're calling someone else an idiot. 

I'm guessing that most of that 6GB is not MIDI and I'm not interested in MIDI or loops played by someone else. I want to play for myself, that's why I do this hobby.  So the MIDI is not of interest to me, the sound / patches of the synth is. But while it sounds okay, to me, it doesn't sound great or as good as other synths that are far less than 1GB. 

You got a point :)