XLN Midsummer Sale - 50% off ADpaks - 40% Off Plugins

cclarry

• cclarry changed the title to XLN Midsummer Sale - 50% off ADpaks - 40% Off Plugins

I think AD2 was released about 2016, and I seem to remember XLN did an update fairly recently so they seem to be still maintaining it.  Other than that, it's been pretty quiet for AD2.  Maybe the drum plugin world is overcrowded right now, and the market isn't there for continued development but I would love to see an AD3.  Maybe one day . . . .

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jude77 said:

I think AD2 was released about 2016, and I seem to remember XLN did an update fairly recently so they seem to be still maintaining it.  Other than that, it's been pretty quiet for AD2.  Maybe the drum plugin world is overcrowded right now, and the market isn't there for continued development but I would love to see an AD3.  Maybe one day . . . .

Me too. Got to get them brushes still. 

• Like 1

As Jude77 pointed out, XLN hasn't had a new version of Addictive Drums in nearly a decade. I'm an AD2 user with most of the AdPaks. But I have good news,  straight from XLN. According to a comment their official account just made on Facebook,  XLN has something coming for AD2 in the Fall -- I take its a new version, but they didn't state that much. See the screenshot below. 

Screenshot_20240620-000048_Facebook(1).thumb.jpg.3706e7e1732650f352220e70b1937bd0.jpg

• Like 5

They need to do something about licensing. I have 3 machines and for me to use XLN I have to have a duplicate license but use a separate email to buy the 2nd one.

It is a better value than Toontrack since each kit comes with the player.