With Me In The Fire | from the brand new album by Martin Barret, 'Only Thing I Need'

Martin Barret

Love your music! 

Just one remark, to me the mix it sounds a bit muffled. It might benefit from being a bit clearer/fresher and maybe have a bit more separation.  

Other than that I really like the composition, orchestration and vocals!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Teegarden said:

Love your music! 

Just one remark, to me the mix it sounds a bit muffled. It might benefit from being a bit clearer/fresher and maybe have a bit more separation.  

Other than that I really like the composition, orchestration and vocals!

Thanks so much! Yeah, ears are funny things ... one man's 'muffled' is another man's/woman's 'rich & full'. Weird huh? 

Glad you liked it though. 

M

Martin , congrats on your release and I hope it does well. If this song is an indication of the rest of the releases it should do Very well. 

This mix sounds "radio ready" and the vocals are smooth and perfect for the genre. Listening with decent headphones on laptop.   Sounds nice ..  

Don't take this the wrong way ..  but "production wise" I believe I would have left out the name Jesus near the ending. 

It is Very obvious that's who you were singing about   ?      Without the name , it may get some additional attention outside of the Contempory Christion genre. 

Loved it ..  mark

• Like 1

On 6/20/2024 at 9:33 AM, mark skinner said:

Martin , congrats on your release and I hope it does well. If this song is an indication of the rest of the releases it should do Very well. 

This mix sounds "radio ready" and the vocals are smooth and perfect for the genre. Listening with decent headphones on laptop.   Sounds nice ..  

Don't take this the wrong way ..  but "production wise" I believe I would have left out the name Jesus near the ending. 

It is Very obvious that's who you were singing about   ?      Without the name , it may get some additional attention outside of the Contempory Christion genre. 

Loved it ..  mark

Hi guy! Wow, what a great review! Wasn't expecting to find that here, so thank you much! Very encouraging, indeed! Yeah, for me, 'crossover' isn't of interest because if it ain't Jesus, it ain't worthy of me. I used to do crossover stuff 'n all that, but as I've grown older (58) I've come to understand, quite personally, that Jesus is worthy of my putting Him out there front and centre. There's no one like Him and that's worth celebrating and orbiting around for me. I trust you'll understand. ?

Thank you so much once again! I'll be sharing more here in time, so I am looking forward to your thoughts again! Best you and yours this (hot!) summer!

M

• Like 1

Very well done production, sounds really good and I like it. I know that "I like it" maybe isn't enough comment after 37 years but it's sincere. Hoping the best for you.
I don't understand the title but that's okay.
-Bjorn

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bjornpdx said:

Very well done production, sounds really good and I like it. I know that "I like it" maybe isn't enough comment after 37 years but it's sincere. Hoping the best for you.
I don't understand the title but that's okay.
-Bjorn

Hi there! Thanks so much for the kind words, Bjorn! Not understanding the title of the album? Or the 37 years bit? Let me know - happy to explain if you're interested!

Later,

M

On 6/21/2024 at 1:39 PM, Martin Bannet said:

Yeah, for me, 'crossover' isn't of interest

Martin , I understand that Perfectly !   I think I didn't word that properly for what I was intending to get across. 

I've spent some time with a well established Nashville writer who's stuff on platinum selling albums. 

One thing that he always told me that has Really stuck in my mind , was telling me

"Don't give them the whole tree ..   just a  limb" .    Let them plant  it on their own.      

Respectfully ..   mark

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...