All Softube updated to 2.5.86

cclarry

6 hours ago, Marc Cormier said:

Bus Processor

• Rewrite/optimization of the processing resulting in less CPU consumption.

I wish they'd do this for everything they've ever made.

If they did, maybe I would install more than 4 of the 36 plugins I own...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, solodancer said:

If they did, maybe I would install more than 4 of the 36 plugins I own...

That's 108 (36 x 3) plugins installed if you did, since they force you to install VST2, VST3 and AAX regardless of whether you use them or not.. 5GB to 10GB of disk space completely wasted on those wasted formats too plus longer scan times 🤣

Edited by MusicMan
  • Like 4
  • Great Idea 1

On 6/19/2024 at 12:55 PM, MusicMan said:

That's 108 (36 x 3) plugins installed if you did, since they force you to install VST2, VST3 and AAX regardless of whether you use them or not.. 5GB to 10GB of disk space completely wasted on those wasted formats too plus longer scan times 🤣

I Am most probably a Softube fanboi, but totally agree, it's just bad, disrepectful (towards the customers) behavior from them and NI + SSL + Izotope and I assume other plugin companies - the only install manager I can think of that actually gives you the choice to install just one format is Plugin Alliance's IM.

Izotope gives  you the choice when running separate installers, SSL & Softube don't afaik.

I've complained to all of them via support/email but no satisfying answers so far, at best a "it's in the works" which was at least a year ago.

Oh - I had "just" 78 updates BTW, going bananas - me(?)🙄.........

Edited by Per Westin
forgot text