90% OFF on HoRNet VHS - 24 Hours Only!

Larry Shelby

28 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

If you are not a Sonarworks user -- don't pass this by. This is extremely good headphone correction software.

And if you want cheap headphone correction that doesn’t crash DAWs or emit random clicks and noise bursts like at least half of all Hornet plugins, get Toneboosters Morphit and support a dev with actual talent.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jngnz said:

And if you want cheap headphone correction that doesn’t crash DAWs or emit random clicks and noise bursts like at least half of all Hornet plugins, get Toneboosters Morphit and support a dev with actual talent.

I have both (and then some). IME, VHS, dispite its misleading name, is a high quality plugin. I prefer it to Morphit in most cases. Not because "it sounds better", mind you. Rather, because it's even more CPU efficient compared to Morphit, and I can hear more details, minute nuances with VHS.

As always, YMMV. Peace!

• Like 5

I get it crashing Sonar when changing (colour) theme but otherwise, it's good.  I've also got Blue Cat's Rehead which is essentially the same but without the room emulation - the EQ curves are very similar but not identical.

Most headphone correction profiles are based on the publicly available oratory1990 profiles, which is why these devs can support 12 million headphones quite easily.

Realphones and Sonarworks do their own measurements AFAIK and sometimes it’s just a matter of taste which ones you prefer.

Remember that what sounds subjectively "better" doesn’t mean your mixes will translate better. I find the opposite to be true more often than not, actually, but of course it's also important that the sound isn’t too fatiguing. The only way to know for sure is creating like 5 mixes with a profile and checking how they translate to other systems.

All this is why I'm so glad I got VSX and never have to worry about which profile or software I should use. It just works. And for pleasure listening I can grab my DT 1990 with a Realphones profile that is adjusted exactly to my taste as opposed to what I feel I "need" to use.

• Like 1