Problem with the virtual drum kits

I am a beginner user, and have recorded bass, guitar and synth tracks (actual instruments) for a song but have run into problems trying to use the virtual drums, which I can't find a solution for. They are-

1. When I choose an alternative kit from the virtual drum list and double click, I get the sounds of the chosen kit, but when I go to the sequencer to record the track, the drum kit has not changed to the one selected.

2. When I record the standard virtual drum kit, using the sequencer, and play back with the other instruments, the drums are not synced with them and they do not start at bar 1.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

well without more details it will be tricky but for #1 -if you open session drummer and then select in the programs list, the kit, and it loads:

image.png.a556c9de12b43992d05ed4c66dbc7eaf.png

then you should see the kit and related parts in the session drummer settings.

image.png.7909d6e9ca56fa5206dde24340d90c16.png

this should be the kit you then hear if you use the MIDI track to play the kit, or using the step sequencer to write the MIDI, or import MIDI clips, etc. 

image.png.3977cddbd72a21aa926daf0507d399f6.png

as far as why you are getting things out of sync - no idea without more details.

You can’t use midi if the original audio recording was not played to a metronome following the project tempo. 
You can drag an audio track to the timeline and Melodyne will create a tempo map. But there’s more to that to get good results 
Which drum VST are you using? 
Which sequencer are you using? 
I have a few videos that cover the details of writing a song this is my complete playlist so you can look for the topics that you need

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7YqVth30eGsURWrKGeu-fFyg3ETjF-Ox&si=qoQ2eq1JvC-Ti-7Q

Edited by John Vere

4 hours ago, Glenn Stanton said:

well without more details it will be tricky but for #1 -if you open session drummer and then select in the programs list, the kit, and it loads:

this should be the kit you then hear if you use the MIDI track to play the kit, or using the step sequencer to write the MIDI, or import MIDI clips, etc. 

as far as why you are getting things out of sync - no idea without more details.