ASIO Driver Warning Message

FedMike

Question

I just upgraded my laptop (i5-1340P, 16GB, Rubix 22 Interface) and was having trouble with audio recording basically not working and crashing the program with the default audio driver, so switched to ASIO and it seems to work fine, however I got a warning saying that the ASIO driver is known to be incompatible with Cakewalk. I accepted it anyway and carried on and my initial vocal recording test seems completely fine.

Any issue continuing with this set up? Anything else I should test or am I good to go?

Thanks for any tips/suggestions.

4 answers to this question

I believe it is  - I'm not really clear on what the ASIO driver is related to - would that have been loaded as part of the Roland Interface driver installation?

Yes driver for Rubix is installed - installed that when I was setting up the PC and before installing the DAW. Just wondered if the ASIO driver that’s in the list in Cakewalk is there because of the Rubix driver or if it was loaded as part of Cakewalk. In any case it seems to work so your first comment answers my question - ignore the error 😀

Thanks and Cheers,

• Like 1