More about plugin window size in nuSonar

I'm trying out Sonar.  A lot of plugins appear very tiny on the screen - for example Native Instruments synths except Kontakt.  Someone kindly pointed out that I could uncheck "Enable Plugin DPI Awareness" to get back to a usable window size.  However, this doesn't seem to work for plugins that don't have standalone versions - specifically Massive X and Izotope 11.  I don't use Massive X much, so no big deal, but I use Izotope on every project.  The plugin window for it is about 4 3/4" x 2 3/4".  If I uncheck "Enable Plugin DPI Awareness" the window is much larger but the plugin still only occupies 4 3/4" by 2 3/4" of the window.  Any suggestions would be most welcome!

2 hours ago, Steve Moddelmog said:

However, this doesn't seem to work for plugins that don't have standalone versions - specifically Massive X and Izotope 11. 

As mentioned in the other thread about this, Massive X has a 'View Size' scaling factor in the pick list next to the logo at the upper left, and Ozone 11 is continuously resizable by dragging the lower right corner.

56 minutes ago, David Baay said:

As mentioned in the other thread about this, Massive X has a 'View Size' scaling factor in the pick list next to the logo at the upper left, and Ozone 11 is continuously resizable by dragging the lower right corner.

When I drag the lower right corner of Ozone 11, the window gets larger but the actual GUI does not - just a bunch of gray space is created by dragging.  I do see what you're saying now about Massive X.  It is otherwise so small I had to know what I was looking for and where.  Thanks.

Massive X.jpg

I now see that there is another arrow to drag once I do the first drag - not visible until I have created a big gray window.  However, I can only drag that second window to be a maximim of 7" x 4 3/4", resulting in a 4 pt. or 5 pt. font size (measured by creating a 4 pt. font and a 5 pt. font in Microsoft Word for comparison).  Better, but not exactly usable.

Hi Steve, I have reported the issue with Izotope and few other plugins few months ago, no solution yet.
I use Sonar now only in original low resolution ( no dpi awareness) and have no issue with over 1000 plugins including Izotope. Fonts seem to work better as well. 

Overall I am happy with new design but still waiting for developers to fix few things.
Best regards.

• Like 1