Plugins Minimized in Sonar

I'm taking notice that in Sonar when I open a plugin it comes up minimized and when I open the window to maximize it the rest of the DAW is not visible anymore.

An example-When I use the CLA-NX virtual environment plugin and then try to open my SSL E Channel it comes up in a minimized window at the bottom of the screen.  Then when I maximize it the E channel takes up the whole screen and there's no way I can pull it closed to just see what I have to see on the E channel.  Therefore, I cannot edit the E channel settings while being able to see the rest of the DAW.

This doesn't happen in CbB.

Maybe a bug that should be worked out?  Maybe a setting in preferences that needs to be unticked?

Thanks

🙂John B

Try un-checking 'Enable Plugin DPI Awareness' in the Settings drop-down of the CLA-NX UI (and maybe SSL E Channel as well). In general I'm finding that plugins with a scaleable UI behave better with this option disabled. And some plugin UIs (especially older ones) will render too small with it enabled.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, David Baay said:

Try un-checking 'Enable Plugin DPI Awareness' in the Settings drop-down of the CLA-NX UI (and maybe SSL E Channel as well). In general I'm finding that plugins with a scaleable UI behave better with this option disabled. And some plugin UIs (especially older ones) will render too small with it enabled.

Thanks Dave!  I'll try that next session. 

😀John B

2 hours ago, David Baay said:

I'm finding that doesn't work with some plugins - for example Native Instruments plugins that don't have standalone versions such as Massive X and Izotope 11.  You can get a big windows by doing it, but the actual size of the plugin GUI is unchanged and doesn't fill the window.

1 hour ago, Steve Moddelmog said:

I'm finding that doesn't work with some plugins - for example Native Instruments plugins that don't have standalone versions such as Massive X and Izotope 11

Massive X has a 'View Size' scaling factor in the pick list next to the logo at the upper left, and Ozone 11 is continuously resizable by dragging the lower right corner.

I tried what you suggested.  It worked.  But I found that if I just X off the interface view of the CLA NX that also works.  The thing is I just can't have the CLA NX minimized and be able to see the strip at the same time.  I have to disable the CLA NX view, which doesn't disable the plugin.  If I want to see it I just have to click on it on the Master  channel.

Thanks

😀John B