Softube's ProChannel plugins seems to work again

Great news for users of CbB and Sonar that have Softube's ProChannel modules. It seems like those are working again. :)

As far as I know, the last ProChannel version of Passive-Active Pack, FET Compressor Mk I, and TSAR-1R Reverb that worked in ProChannel were version 2.5.46 from May 2022. Later versions would make CbB and Sonar crash hard when instantiated.

Today I tested version 2.5.83, released on April 29, and all of the plugins mentioned above can be instantiated without error. According to Softube’s change log, 2.5.83 contains a fix for an issue where a corrupt Preset Collection settings file would cause plug-ins to crash on Windows. I’m not sure if that was the root cause in the case of ProChannel, as I have ignored a number of updates from Softube, but it might very well be.

However, I did notice that three of the plugins still have a minor issue; selecting a preset in Focusing EQ, FET Compressor Mk I, and TSAR-1R Reverb made it deactivate, so you’d have to press the Enable button after a preset change to reactivate. But, of course, that’s a minor issue compared to a crash.

Personally, I will keep copies of version 2.5.46 and 2.5.83 to fall back upon, in case some future Softube release would make their VST2 ProChannel modules break again.

• Like 1

the FET compressor still crashes CbB and Sonar (tested yesterday) - this is due to the size of the FEWT compressor UI which is not conforming to the PC UI sizing (i'm guessing it tries to scale it and then the Softube PC hits some protected memory and voila, a hard crash). if i use the FET compressor in the FX chain, and open it - no issue - just like any other plugin. load the PC version and open - waits a few seconds then complete crash (i.e. closes without any warning etc). it's been that way for many years now.  using Version: 2.5.85 - these were the updates from Softube just 2 weeks ago...

never mind. for some reason the 2.5.85 is working... as a note i installed Sonar and Next yesterday and today... this is in CbB:

image.png.71c63c6741beac231f605afd37f262c1.png

in fx chain:

image.thumb.png.da66b3137ae9ad6a935f2586c4413272.png

Edited by Glenn Stanton

23 minutes ago, Glenn Stanton said:

never mind. for some reason the 2.5.85 is working...

Yes, I know it does. Here's some of Softube's ProChannel modules on my PC in Sonar from five minutes ago:

SoftubeProChannel.thumb.jpg.40a56894b9d5a1b9fa3515979d0b0249.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Bahmanyar Afroozeh said:

Have you Bought them or they're Free? Because I remeber i Had these ones in Sonar Platinum

Softube’s ProChannel plugins have never been free, nor have they ever come as part of SONAR Platinum*). If you’ve bought them, they should be available in your Softube account. Also, as Softube’s plugins always are authorized through iLok, you should be able to see them in your iLok License Manager.

The only other legal option I can think of is that you may have had a time-limited demo version of these ProChannel plugins installed. If so, you should be able to find them in your iLok License Manager, marked as being of type Trial/Demo. But, of course, that time limit would have expired long ago.

*) Edit: Well, will the notable exception of Softube Saturation Knob, which has always been free.

Edited by Canopus
  • Thanks 1