faderport v1 to control buses

Emanu3le85

Question

11 answers to this question

56 minutes ago, Emanu3le85 said:

hi, I set the faderport as the daw controller but it only takes control of the channels, is there a way to move the controls (volume) on the buses? Thank you

How'd you set it up? Did you just plug it in and that's it? Did you change any settings inside cakewalk? What system do you have? Are you using mackie control protocol for the faderport?

41 minutes ago, Helios.G said:

How'd you set it up? Did you just plug it in and that's it? Did you change any settings inside cakewalk? What system do you have? Are you using mackie control protocol for the faderport?

yes of course, I set faderport as controller, so I set the Mackie protocol and the in and out faderports, in fact I have no problems, I just don't understand why it only takes control of the tracks and not the buses, if I try to click on the area of the WAI in the lower area of the tracks, I can only move the controller on the tracks

5 minutes ago, Emanu3le85 said:

yes of course, I set faderport as controller, so I set the Mackie protocol and the in and out faderports, in fact I have no problems, I just don't understand why it only takes control of the tracks and not the buses, if I try to click on the area of the WAI in the lower area of the tracks, I can only move the controller on the tracks

On original Mackie MCU, there is "Control group" section (at least in Cakewalk layout), which switch between Tracks, Buses (AUX) and Mains. To switch from other devices, they have to send corresponding MIDI message (Note 76, 80 or 81).

I don't know if Faderport send them (I don't have Faderport).

• Great Idea 1

30 minutes ago, azslow3 said:

On original Mackie MCU, there is "Control group" section (at least in Cakewalk layout), which switch between Tracks, Buses (AUX) and Mains. To switch from other devices, they have to send corresponding MIDI message (Note 76, 80 or 81).

I don't know if Faderport send them (I don't have Faderport).

Yes, even by setting the MCU on both the faderport and the DAW I don't have full control of the faderport as if I were using it with its native program and all the controls don't work except the main ones: play, stop, ff, rew, rec, arm, mute, solo , the track selectors and the fader, all the rest of the controls like loop, pan, bank, mix, proj, don't work

17 minutes ago, Emanu3le85 said:

Yes, even by setting the MCU on both the faderport and the DAW I don't have full control of the faderport as if I were using it with its native program and all the controls don't work except the main ones: play, stop, ff, rew, rec, arm, mute, solo , the track selectors and the fader, all the rest of the controls like loop, pan, bank, mix, proj, don't work

Try this.    

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/articles/210040163-FaderPort-Classic-How-do-I-set-up-my-FaderPort-Classic-in-Cakewalk-BandLab-Sonar

• Great Idea 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Helios.G said:

as far as I remember, the Presonus Faderport option does not appear but only Mackie control XT and Mackie Control, I will try to check again, thanks for the help

Edited by Emanu3le85
  • Like 1

On 6/13/2024 at 4:05 PM, MisterGreen said:

On mine, I just click the "Output" button and it switches to the buses. Clicking it again switches back to the tracks.

on mine that button doesn't work, then I discovered that there are the Mackie protocol settings in (Utility) but I have already left the faderport, now I have a friend's bringher X touch and everything works, both buses and channels, thanks for the advice