Native Instruments deal question for Kontakt

Ozz

I own Komplete 7 ....  Apparently the only upgrade option I have is for Komplete 14 Standard.... which seems (correct me if I'm mistaken) mostly aimed at pop/hip hop and that type of music....which isn't really me......If there was an option for Komplete 14 Ultimate, I might swing that way....but it doesn't appear there is.

So...Komplete 7 included the full version of Kontakt 4.

I see Kontakt 7 is available for around $47 during the sale as an upgrade.....  My question is two fold:

1) Would I be eligible for that, even though my version of Kontakt (which IS the full version) came in a bundle with Komplete?

2) Would it be worth it?  Has the Kontakt library that comes  with the software been updated enough with new stuff/better stuff to make it worth the $50ish bucks?  Or is it basically all the same stuff I have in the library already, but I can now play newer separately sold libraries (where I wouldn't be able to with Kontakt 4)?

32 minutes ago, Ozz said:

I own Komplete 7 ....  Apparently the only upgrade option I have is for Komplete 14 Standard.... which seems (correct me if I'm mistaken) mostly aimed at pop/hip hop and that type of music....which isn't really me......If there was an option for Komplete 14 Ultimate, I might swing that way....but it doesn't appear there is.

I see Kontakt 7 is available for around $47 during the sale as an upgrade.....  My question is two fold:

1) Would I be eligible for that, even though my version of Kontakt (which IS the full version) came in a bundle with Komplete?

2) Would it be worth it?  Has the Kontakt library that comes  with the software been updated enough with new stuff/better stuff to make it worth the $50ish bucks?  Or is it basically all the same stuff I have in the library already, but I can now play newer separately sold libraries (where I wouldn't be able to with Kontakt 4)?

I'd recommend you take a good look at all of the libraries in Komplete.  They span a lot of genres and it's a tremendous value over buying even a couple of those libraries individually. The latest version of Kontakt has a completely new factory library that's far superior to the earlier one. 

If you were to only update Kontakt for $50, I think you'd likely be very happy. Many Kontakt libraries from the last several years require Kontakt 5 or better, so that update will enable you to use them, including many free libraries. 

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

39 minutes ago, Ozz said:

Log in to the NI Site and select "my Komplete Offers" from the account menu.  That will tell you what you qualify for!!
If you can qualify for the K14 Ultimate from Select (which is also the same upgrade from Kontakt any version - and you should) you can get that
for $449 with the $50 off code SUMMER24_USD

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

Thanks guys.....I'll take a closer look at the Komplete bundle....I've watched a number of Youtube video "reviews"....and all of them seem to play the same type of music....so I guess I assumed that the "Standard" was catering primarily to that group.

Thanks again!

Or Buy Complete Ultimate 14 with $548 directly if without Select bundle or else.

https://www.thomannmusic.com/native_instruments_komplete_14_ultimate.htm

Or: Pay 89+455= $544 by two steps as follows:

1. Native Instruments Komplete 14 Select $89 (Includes a 25.00 EUR voucher for the Native Instruments online shop)

https://www.thomannmusic.com/native_instruments_komplete_14_select.htm

2. Native Instruments Komplete 14 Ultimate UG Select $455 (Includes a 25.00 EUR voucher for the Native Instruments online shop and two 29.99 EUR "Buy any plug-in" vouchers for use in the Plug-in Alliance online shop)
https://www.thomannmusic.com/native_instruments_komplete_14_ultimate_ug_select.htm

Edited by Moon OverSea

9 hours ago, Ozz said:

Thanks guys.....I'll take a closer look at the Komplete bundle....I've watched a number of Youtube video "reviews"....and all of them seem to play the same type of music....so I guess I assumed that the "Standard" was catering primarily to that group.

Thanks again!

I mostly do rock music and from Komplete, here's what I enjoy the most (this is from the regular Komplete, not the larger Komplete packages):

- Pianos:  Noir Piano, The Giant, The Grandeur, The Maverick, The Gentleman (upright piano), 
- Vintage Organs - B3, etc.
- Acoustic Drums: Studio Drummer, Abbey Road 60s Drummer
- Cuba, Middle East, and India Libraries
- Session Strings, Session Horns, and Session Guitars -- through these aren't the most realistic sample libraries and I often don't use them in final prorductions, they can be a lot of fun to play around with

I maintain a list of free sample libraries for Kontakt, and a fair amount of them require Kontakt 5 (full version) or later. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well...when you're right, you're right......I opted for Komplete 14 Standard, and glad I did....With all the extra libraries, expansions and additional synths, etc....it was certainly worth the extra $50 from just buying the new Kontakt, even if I don't ever end up using half of them...so thanks to those who recommended it.

I also ended up picking up the Izotope Music Production Suite 6.5 for a really good deal.

And the Session Percussionist, also from NI

So.....for what ended up being a little less than $400, I've got enough new toys to last me quite a while.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

17 hours ago, Ozz said:

Well...when you're right, you're right......I opted for Komplete 14 Standard, and glad I did....With all the extra libraries, expansions and additional synths, etc....it was certainly worth the extra $50 from just buying the new Kontakt, even if I don't ever end up using half of them...so thanks to those who recommended it.

I also ended up picking up the Izotope Music Production Suite 6.5 for a really good deal.

And the Session Percussionist, also from NI

So.....for what ended up being a little less than $400, I've got enough new toys to last me quite a while.

You did ask a group of plugin and sample addicts for advice. Of course, we love this stuff! We all pretty much share the same GAS tendencies. It doesn't matter your race, nationality,  ethnicity,  religion...we.all share a common gear addiction.  

I do maintain a thread list of free Kontakt libraries you can always check out when you're feeling GAS.  Maintaining it helps me manage my GAS and avoid overspending.  

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1