Duplicate instance

jkoseattle

Question

Every few days or so I will see that CW is starting to act slightly glitchy, in any of a hundred possible ways. Minor things, but noticeable, like all of a sudden the expression pedal response is off and on, or I can't right click somewhere or something. This is a sign for me to close and restart it, which usually does the trick. However, I've noticed (and now make sure I check for) after I've completely closed Cakewalk, I go into the Task Manager and see that there is still an instance of CW open and taking up a normal amount of RAM. I simply End Task and all's well. Does anyone know why this happens? Are there really suddenly two instances running sometimes? 

1 answer to this question

For me both Sonar and Next can hang up after a crash. I’ve never had a hang up otherwise. 
I was testing the new CXF export interchange format so found a few new ways to crash them! 
Defiantly having a frozen synth would crash Sonar. And Next doesn’t really know what to do about midi tracks. It only uses instrument tracks.  
But we have been told that the biggest reason Sonar/ Cakewalk will hang is that a certain plug in is not shut down or I think they call it flushing. Hmm, flushing, isn’t that used for S—-