Ocular Sounds Ultimate FX bundle

Nick Blanc

• 1 month later...

Noticed this sale is still up. Potentially in the market for something like this. Saw a few other companies advertising almost identical products on facebook as well, most compelling might be another called “synergy sounds” with like 5000+ sounds for $40 or something, but they looked like a newer company with little to no reviews or publicity. So naturally thought, i would ask you all first: has anyone heard of them or have any opinions about these massive sound pack deals with foley, risers, bass drops, drones, glitch sounds etc.?

I’m venturing into production music so i see where it can be useful in that realm,  which is why it all catches my attention, but curious if any of you have experience with any packs and would recommend one. Also whether it’s better to just wait until Black Friday. Not a fan of splice or subs, and these current deals seem decent

Edited by dumbquestions

20 hours ago, dumbquestions said:

Noticed this sale is still up. Potentially in the market for something like this. Saw a few other companies advertising almost identical products on facebook as well, most compelling might be another called “synergy sounds” with like 5000+ sounds for $40 or something, but they looked like a newer company with little to no reviews or publicity. So naturally thought, i would ask you all first: has anyone heard of them or have any opinions about these massive sound pack deals with foley, risers, bass drops, drones, glitch sounds etc.?

I’m venturing into production music so i see where it can be useful in that realm,  which is why it all catches my attention, but curious if any of you have experience with any packs and would recommend one. Also whether it’s better to just wait until Black Friday. Not a fan of splice or subs, and these current deals seem decent

My take on it was that I wanted 1 big pack with all kinds of foley and fx for whatever projects I have. Not necessarily in my music. I have/had the Adobe Audition Sound Fx bundle which you can (could?) download for free from their website. But there is some weird shannanigans going on with their terms & conditions regarding their use, so I don't trust them.

• Thanks 1

So glad you both chimed in.

I found the reddit thread you’re probably referring to here from a year ago. This definitely has me thinking more carefully about purchasing one of these packs. Seems best to avoid these newer, smaller companies altogether to evade risk, and probably stick with someone more tenured like Soundly, who i found has a fantastic set o free sounds through their player, which also lets you preview their paid sounds. Sounds like the TOS for soundly says you can keep sounds in your projects, as long as you were subscribed when you used them. Their cancellation section says: “sounds incorporated in a device or production prior to the date of termination may be still used after termination.”

Edited by dumbquestions

42 minutes ago, antler said:

If you're still in the market for real-world sound recordings, consider this one too if you don't already have it.

https://www.freetousesounds.com/all-in-one-bundle

This looks great, $25 for 2tb of sounds, given they are fully cleared i hope, is a steal compared to the pricing for some of the “legit” stuff out there

Edited by dumbquestions

On 7/17/2024 at 10:23 PM, dumbquestions said:

This looks great, $25 for 2tb of sounds, given they are fully cleared i hope, is a steal compared to the pricing for some of the “legit” stuff out there

Ah yes, I also have this one. I acces it through bandcamp (didn't want to download 2TB). It can be tricky to navigate to the sound I'm looking for though. 

• Like 1