New Sonar pricing: how about a Senior discount price?

13 hours ago, 57Gregy said:

Ditto. No haircut since I retired Nov. 2019. 
My part-time employers don't seem to mind as there are several other men here with hair as long or longer than mine.

Mine doesn't mind either which is great (not that I've been into the office since March 2020!).  I am competing with my son who is aiming to be able to sit on his hair and he's pretty close; mine just goes outwards unless I nail it to my scalp.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2024 at 7:40 PM, Larry T. said:

This is a marketing no brainer in tons of businesses and I hope the new Sonar management decides to look into it.

Obviously, Sonar needs a way to confirm the customer's age. There must be a service that can provide that data, or, have the customer pay a one time fee to provide it.

Also, obviously, Seniors make up a significant amount of existing Cakewalk by Bandlab users due to the free versions. 

It just seems like a great way to keep a huge segment of the population that is already using this great product as well as attract others. Companies such as AARP and AMAC could be partnered with to help create new customers. 

I suggest Senior pricing of:

Subscription model:

$5 per month or $50 per year prepaid fee for those of us over 60 years of age, with no penalty for canceling and reactivation at a later date.

Lifetime purchase:

a one time fee of $100 with a yearly update fee of $10.

🤣 This will never work. Do you know how many grandfathers will give an evil laugh filling in those details for their 14yr grandson/daughter 🤣 You'll have a lot of silenior producers out their. 

2 hours ago, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

Seems like it's a big chunk of their customer base though

not sure how big that chunk is, tbh, bandlab claim to have >100 million users

I'd wager the vast majority of that number would belong to those who put the C in rap, duff duff, EDM, Trap, Crap, I said a hip a hop a hippy to the hop, a hippy to the hop a hip hip the hop, type people, those that and mostly would have been using the online stuff, already there before there was any sight of Cakewalk, the young folks ya know. Go over and check out their what ever it is you call it, things over here would be far to restrictive for them, listen to the language they are allowed to use, the subject matter, makes this place look like a moral prison, it's like the wild west over there, it's good for a laugh though.

1 hour ago, Heath Row said:

I'd wager the vast majority of that number would belong to those who put the C in rap, duff duff, EDM, Trap, Crap, I said a hip a hop a hippy to the hop, a hippy to the hop a hip hip the hop, type people, those that and mostly would have been using the online stuff, already there before there was any sight of Cakewalk, the young folks ya know. Go over and check out their what ever it is you call it, things over here would be far to restrictive for them, listen to the language they are allowed to use, the subject matter, makes this place look like a moral prison, it's like the wild west over there, it's good for a laugh though.

well that's my point 🤷‍♀️

1 hour ago, Heath Row said:

🤣🧐Im one of those hiphop, edm cat. What you're trying to say? 🥊🥊

5 hours ago, Heath Row said:

To be honest a lot of it sounds better the dated stuff I've heard made in Cakewalk here.

1 hour ago, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

Yeah that's the Bandlab App , rather than Cakewalk/Sonar

Yeah that's bandlab users, if they have the right sub they're also sonar users, but how many sonar users are also bandlab users?

10 minutes ago, pwal³ said:

Yeah that's bandlab users, if they have the right sub they're also sonar users, but how many sonar users are also bandlab users?

Not many I imagine.  It's like owning a Swiss Army Knife and going to work with a toothpick