Behringer Deal

jesse g

Posted (edited)

Hello Folks,

Behringer has the 1273 2-channel Microphone Preamplifier and Equalizer for the introductory price of $699.99.

Now, this is a clone of a clone. I say that because it looks just like the Warm Audio-1073, which is is a clone of the Never 1073, however, this is the Behringer 1273 a 2-channel Mic Pre Amp. I think geared to the learner of Mic Preamps.   The price is attractive and should encourage new hardware users to want to try the 2 channel Mic Pre

You can find the Behringer 1273 ~~>Here  Keep in mind that you can only pre-order the1273 at this time, it is due to arrive in October of 2024.

Also, Behringer has another piece of gear out called the "369", which is a Classic 2-Channel Precision Stereo Compressor and Limiter with Custom-Built Midas Transformers" The 369 has the priced tag of $499.00 and can be found ~~> Here

Happy Mixing 

Check them out below, what do you think?  Would you let them into your studio??

Behringer 369  - $499.00

image.png.fdf5843a03ad71ba052bd65a43339b8a.png

Behringer 1273 -  $699.99

image.thumb.png.9be48d830b1e4906b2854e6a13446f6a.png

Edited by jesse g
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If they're anywhere in the same ballpark as the originals, these will be very popular.

Great entryway into outboard... 

Warm Audio WA-273 EQ isn't exactly a Neve 1073, but it's close enough.

I have two of them.  Use them almost every day.

Keyboards and guitar processors (Helix in particular) sounds great thru them.

Helix can sound a tad "digital"... and the Neve style preamp helps curb that.

My real Neve channels strips are a pair of Portico-II and a Shelford channel.

Want to get a second Shelford at some point, but they're now $4000.

I believe I paid $2800 (several years back) at GearFest.

If they can clone Neve reasonably well... here's hoping API is next.

• Great Idea 1

Posted (edited)

I'm sticking with these:
image.png.c345017232973eb3c9449218aa034ca8.png

22 inputs on the Apollo echo (28 total inputs) system are dedicated to drums, freeing up 6 of the DI inputs for do isolated 'band' recordings. 

I feed my Avalon U5 into one channel of the Audient, and my two outs from my SansAmp GED2112 into another two channels of the Audient, as well as my Aguilar Chorus and Distotion pedals in two more channels of the audient.

My pedals are each preamped with Echoplex Preamps which are fed by my Origin Effects Cali76 where I drive any of my mono basses (P-Bazz, Schecter Jazz, one of two Ernie Ball Stingrays, Warwick Thumb BO, Epi Jack Cassady, 1974 Gibson EB-3, Hofner Ignite and sometimes my Rick 4003 in mono).

Edited by Bapu
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, cclarry said:

They're just a rack space big box with a software emulation running on a chip!:P

I does look a bit like a cardboard cutout 🙂

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

As I said, these are two inexpensive routes into using hardware processors that won't break the bank.

I love using my two WA1073-EQ's on the Mix bus followed by the WA Bus Compresser with a few additional plugins after wards, It give it that tingly feeling all over.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1