UVI On sale! Austrian Grand is now available for only $29 | 29€

cclarry

Posted (edited)

For that price, I wish I liked the sound of it, but it doesn't sound like a beautifully sampled piano and the reverb sounds very artificial to me in a way that I really don't like on piano, very much like the Steinway D in their series, which I own but don't care for.  There's free grand pianos for Kontakt from Pianobook, SonicCoture and 8Dio that are in a different (better) league than this, that raise the bar for my standards for a paid piano sample library. 

Aurora's sound design / cinematic patches sound much more appealing to me. But, based on the demos and the D that I own from them, I just don't love how their sampled piano libraries when it comes to a natural sound. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

13 minutes ago, Nitrate Audio said:

wasnt this given away free at some point?

No, never. You might confuse it with UVI Grand Piano Model D which might have been free at some point.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Scott H said:

Can someone who already has the Austrian Grande share what the upgrade price to Aurora is? Thanks!

If you have Austrian Grand they will give you a voucher .. crossgrade aurora 50% off, you can buy it for 64,5€.

So if the question is.. is it worth it to buy Austrian grand in this sale just to upgrade it to Aurora, i dont think so.. you are better off waiting for one of the 50% off sales that UVI regularly does on Aurora itself.

• Great Idea 1