That was fun!

10 hours ago, veetek said:

Here are a very useful set of four CAL scripts. It will allow you to very quickly transpose MIDI notes by single steps or octaves.

An alternative, is to just use the Event Inspector.  There you can adjust the Pitch (by any amount) of any selected notes.

On 6/6/2024 at 12:56 PM, veetek said:

There are a lot of new users here who will not look for any post from many years ago

But apparently you did because your Octave Up script is character-for-character identical to the one scook posted (which I expect he created from scratch), including the commented description. Sorry, but I consider it bad form not to have attributed the source.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/6/2024 at 4:40 PM, David Baay said:

Nothing new under the sun. All the options were discussed here...  a decade ago :

Indeed . I've been doing this for years without requiring a CAL script.

Select your notes in the PRV, then you can move them around with the arrows keys on the NUM PAD  as  long as you have NUM LOCK on 

They can be moved in all directions but if you hold CTRL + 8 ( arrow up ) or 2 (arrow down ) the selected notes will jump up or down by an octave.

Pretty sure this is standard procedure but I've been using it for so long I sometimes forget which are regular keybindings and which are things I've changed myself.

I have asked multiple times for the ability to do this in theTrack View as it's really handy if you just want to transpose a clip without opening the Process-Transpose Dialogue

The closest I have come is I've programmed my Stream Deck with a macro so I can highlight the clip, hit a button ( I have one each for octave up and down ) and it very rapidly opens the dialogue, types in the value and confirms it. It takes a second or so but it can do it much  more quickly than I can manually. It will do this for midi or audio clips.   

Edited by Mark Morgon-Shaw

12 hours ago, veetek said:

It is amazing how you somehow have figured out how I find my information and then preach to me how inappropriate it is to share it.
Such a unique talent!
The only bad form I see here is lack of basic manners and no appreciation for sharing useful info. 

tbf, you should credit stuff, just like if you quoted someone or used something in an essay etc, otherwise people might think you are the creator, which i'm sure you didn't intend

/havefun

• veetek changed the title to That was fun!