Audient iD Driver update v4.3.20

Larry Shelby

The latest version of the iD Drivers are now available to download! Download the driver for your operating system below to gain access to the latest features, performance & stability upgrades! ?

Note: A firmware update may be required. We recommend checking for updates in the iD Mixer App prior to download.

https://audient.com/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Note: this includes EVO driver / firmware updates as well.

Still impressed by the EVO 16. Have an RME UFX II on main system, but have an EVO 16 on secondary system, and it's held up very well. Excellent preamps considering the price, great sounding converters for the price, stable and decent mix / routing software, sturdy build. Had a few bugs when I first got it about 2 years ago, but they've been worked out with subsequent updates. 

To be honest - considering the almost $2000 price difference (EVO 16 goes for $579 and a new UFX II goes for $2799...the III is even higher), I would have no problems with the EVO 16 as main interface. I honestly forget if I was using the RME or the EVO for some tracks. And I prefer the preamps on the EVO over the UFX in some cases. Only downside is that UFX has more detail / control on the front panel, Total Mix blows the Audient software out of the water (irrelevant depending on setup) and, of course, nothing beats the RME drivers on Windows. They are absolutely rock solid on low latency. Not sure what magical elves they have making their drivers but they are incredible.

I'm sure I could get really nitpicky with noise and converter quality between the two units, but we're talking very minute degrees of improvement with the UFX. (EDIT: I have an Audient ID MKII unit for mobile and it definitely is more comparable to the RME for build quality and noise...but I'm specifically talking about quality vs. price with the EVO 16 and UFX).

But really - an excellent quality rackable interface with 8 preamps and solid converters is insane for less than $600. Great example of how far digital audio has come the last 30 years.

Edited by Carl Ewing
  • Like 3