Request - Looping and Overdub Update

Xel Ohh

I would like for the overdub or sound on sound be updated so that the the work flow can be a lot smoother when recording tracks in Sonar. In this video I show how the DAW handles dubbing (sound on sound) and having to bounce everything can be tricky at times it would help out a lot if recording was smoother and tracked a lot better. These are just some suggestions for the bakers to keep in mind when working on Sonar.

• Like 2

I lot of users have requested the option to have new/looped takes merged into an existing clip. It's not necessary for my workflow, and I generally want to keep everything separate, but I totally understand and support having the option to merge in real time. But rather than having another record mode like "Overdub", I would suggest they just add a toggle box to 'Merge Clips" under the Take Behavior section of Record Options.

Persistence of the "confidence recording" indication while loop-recording MIDI also makes a lot of sense. As it stands, it's really only an indication that events are being received, and can actually be deceiving; if the port of channel of the incoming notes is not matching the input setting of the track, you'll see the notes appear while recording but they won't actually be recorded. I've formally reported this problem to the Bakers more than once over the years.

• Like 1