Morgan's Bay (Dexter's Song)

Posted (edited)

A Remix/Master and new bass guitar part.  I worked on Darren Garrett's vocals as well.

https://baselines.com/?p=7097

There's both the video and just the audio here, and some info on the series as well.

It's shaping up to be a great summer day here, sunny and 70s (F) - enjoy your day / night wherever you are!

UPDATE: The audio for the song and for the video has been updated thanks to bats brew.  The previous version had a final Mixea master done on it which kind of wrecked the drums.  I removed that and replaced it with my original master.  I hope that made it better.

Mixea really brightens things up which is good sometimes, but I need to be really careful when making the final decision.

Edited by steve@baselines.com
New audio

dexter..... morgan....

brother sister, husband wife real life?

LOL

what a funky uptempo tune...

it's a bit bright, but super clear recording.

didn't care for the sound of the drum kit tho,

the snare is a bit annoying, and cymbals a bit bright too...

could be just the kit that's bugging me, but the bass line is so groovy, i tend to forget the snare.

LOL, can you change the snare? and back off the cymbals a bit, they are splashy and you can hear the compression working.

i watched all of 'dexter', and the season they tagged on years after the fact,

i was a micheal hall fan from 'six feet under'

36 minutes ago, bats brew said:

It's a bit bright, but super clear recording.

didn't care for the sound of the drum kit tho,

the snare is a bit annoying, and cymbals a bit bright too...

could be just the kit that's bugging me, but the bass line is so groovy, i tend to forget the snare.

LOL, can you change the snare? and back off the cymbals a bit, they are splashy and you can hear the compression working.

You are absolutely right - I put that through the Mixea mastering that distrokid uses - I think it was a mistake.  Doing a side by side makes my original master sound muddy but I think it might have been better.  I think I replaced the audio link.  Does that sound better?  I haven't updated the video yet.

Thank you for the feedback.