Toontrack Save up to 40% in our Take It EZ summer sale!

Larry Shelby

Is there any other company out there worse than Toontrack when it comes to upgrades for existing users.

I have never ever seen upgrades from EZD2 to 3. ?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Yeah, some of their “borderline”  upgrade policies are , unfortunately,  a function of their virtual lock on the e-drum market. (I’m thinking primarily of their “forever” elimination of a certain upgrade path a few years back if users didn’t update by a deadline). It’s a shame really that there is not more quality, reliable competition in this area.

Edited by LAGinz
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, topaz said:

Is there any other company out there worse than Toontrack when it comes to upgrades for existing users.

An upgrade to EZD3 from EZD1 or EZD2 exists.  Do you mean you've never seen them on sale?

The upgrade from SD2 to SD3 was time limited, which understandably made some people mad.

Edited by SmokeyJ628

3 hours ago, SmokeyJ628 said:

yes.  never on sale.

An upgrade to EZD3 from EZD1 or EZD2 exists.  Do you mean you've never seen them on sale?

The upgrade from SD2 to SD3 was time limited, which understandably made some people mad.

6 hours ago, topaz said:

I tend to see it as a money pit.  All of those libraries are genre related.  It's their player that shines.  Eventually they take up space.  I upgraded EZ Keys recently and try to figure out an EZK to get.  With Kontakt and the endless VST synths nothing really tempts me.

Usually they will have a EZD3 upgrade for $79.  It's random.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bluzdog said:

No free midi pack on the EZK upgrades. I had a coupon for 20% off and was hoping for the free midi pack deal.

yeah. now i see it. i was hoping to piggy back on the free midi pack + coupon. oh well.

28 minutes ago, Nitrate Audio said:

Really? I will try again.

Sorry, I thought You meant using an old EZK sound expansion serial. That still works with EZK2. 

• Like 1

On 6/3/2024 at 8:18 PM, topaz said:

They send out additional discounts on the upgrade from EZDrummer 2 to 3 in your mail from time to time.

It's not a lot but its better than the default upgrade price on the site.

2 hours ago, Kal S said:

They send out additional discounts on the upgrade from EZDrummer 2 to 3 in your mail from time to time.

It's not a lot but its better than the default upgrade price on the site.

Like I said, I have never had such email. and they send out tons.

• Like 1