UAD Octo PCIe Card for $399

Larry Shelby

It seems a good way to add loads of instances of EQs, compressors etc to a large mix, whilst leaving the CPU free to handle the more demanding stuff.
Although, I could upgrade my CPU, Mobo and RAM for less than this after selling current hardware and that appeals to me more. 
I'd rather get a much higher single core speed and double the cores, which is what I'd get doing that.
With AMD seemingly announcing the Zen 5 chips in the week ahead, there are plenty of  good deals on the first gen AM5 Zen 4 chips.

9 hours ago, Anxiousmofo said:

the fact that they are charging beaucoup for shipping

I tried to find out how much the shipping was going to be,  but I had to commit to the purchase before I could find out shipping cost.

This is the bottom line:

You can get a Apollo, purchase this octo card,  and record with ZERO LATENCY!

Great consoles that have the sound you never knew you could get. Sing with the same preamps used for decades.

Then consider that you can record guitar/bass with some great amps at zero latency.

I don't record with amp sims in the box anymore.

Even if UAD eliminated the octo tomorrow,  the use you would get out if it would be worth it, if you have/get an Apollo. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Grem said:

I tried to find out how much the shipping was going to be,  but I had to commit to the purchase before I could find out shipping cost.

It was around 35 dollars for me. I didn't bite, though. 

A few retailers price match products with other stores.  Some have free shipping.

However, not sure about the international aspect.

It might be worth inquiring, though.

Zzounds and GC/MF might be good places to start.

• Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1