Tascam US-2400

Peter Hudson

Question

2 answers to this question

Welcome to the forum.
It looks pretty old. Their latest support link is for Vista 64-bit.
But, it reads that it was compatible with SONAR (in 2003).
Someone smarter than me will be along shortly.
Good luck!

The US-2400 uses Mackie Control emulation, so it would have to do it via the config in MackieControl.ini  (i.e. it won't support ACT Learn).

I wrote a GUI front end to MackieControl.ini to make this much easier/quicker:  https://msmcleod.co.uk/cakewalk/C4Mapper.zip

You'll need to set the VPot count to 8 to get this to work on the US-2400, as it emulates a MCU + 2 x XT's (i.e. 3 banks of 8).   

The one thing you can't edit in the C4Mapper is the parameter to VPot mapping of the Pro Channel EQ and Pro Channel Compressor.  Those you'll have to edit manually in notepad (or an equivalent text editor).

However, there's a couple of gotcha's:

1. The US-2400 doesn't have any scribble-strip display, so you'll not get any visual feedback as to what you're editing, or what the values are.
2. I'm not sure if the US-2400 has the buttons to allow it to enter plugin edit mode.

For point 2, the enhancements to allow the Korg nanoKONTROL Studio access to the plugins may  work, but I've not got a US-2400 to try it on.  It uses either the Cycle ( loop on/off) or Scrub button as a shift key (e.g. Cycle + Mute 1 = Pro Channel EQ,  Cycle + Mute 2 = Pro Channel Compressor )  : 

MackieCompatibleKeySwitches.png

I'm also not sure where "Mute 1" will be - it'll could either be the first mute button on the far left,  or the 1st mute button on the last bank of 8.

At some point I'll need to get around to writing a virtual MCU Display....

• Like 1