Boz New York 1991 L Lite Piano FREE from JRR!

cclarry

Posted (edited)

in fact, there's a bug on Boz website, the 1926 Lite is not free anymore when you add it in the cart, althought it still show at 0 on the product page

Edited by DamienF
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

fyi: If you were waiting for the coupon code in email (because it says after purchase Coupon code ... emailed to ...), just go to orders section, click on the order and its in there. 

• Great Idea 1

Judging by the size (each of these come with only 45MB of samples) I didn't expect it to be any good. In fact, these instruments are way more usable than most bigger and more detailed libraries. How is this possible?

NB! By "usable" I mean just playing and using a general MIDI controller keyboard (mine is semi-weighted M-Audio Oxygen). With better keyboards and/or for production purposes, you might want full versions of these instruments or just use what you already have and are happy with.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Soundwise said:

Judging by the size (each of these come with only 45MB of samples) I didn't expect it to be any good. In fact, these instruments are way more usable than most bigger and more detailed libraries. How is this possible?

NB! By "usable" I mean just playing and using a general MIDI controller keyboard (mine is semi-weighted M-Audio Oxygen). With better keyboards and/or for production purposes, you might want full versions of these instruments or just use what you already have and are happy with.

I think, they use a small pool of samples plus physical modeling. Orange Tree Samples  uses samples plus physical modeling, but they're modeling picking and not the overall tone of guitars and basses, so they still primarily use samples.  By comparison, IK has MODO bass and a modeled drum plugin that are primarily using physical modeling, however the drum plugin uses samples for the cymbals, whereas,  I don't  think the bass plugin uses any samples. And both sound really good. I still find sample libraries sound more realistic,  but I am impressed with how good these two plugins sound. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

1 hour ago, Soundwise said:

I was using one of the lite ones last night and expected very little due to the size too, but was pleasantly surprised.. it was much better than I would've thought.

5 hours ago, cclarry said:

This is the 1926 which has always been free.  The 1991 is the free offer a JRR

that 1926 Lite is not free, it shows 19usd, unless i missed something

3 minutes ago, Vst0nE said:

that 1926 Lite is not free, it shows 19usd, unless i missed something

It is at JRRShop, I just got it.  Did you add it to your cart and enter the code Larry listed in the OP?

6 minutes ago, Fwrend said:

It is at JRRShop, I just got it.  Did you add it to your cart and enter the code Larry listed in the OP?

That’s the 1991 I’m afraid. 

1 minute ago, Fwrend said:

i got 1991 L, thats fine i am talking about 1926 L

43 minutes ago, Niky Serrano said:

A bit confusing

Agreed, same as you!  Adding to the confusion, I got the 1926 Lite version first and it installed as a standalone and VSTi.  Adding the 1991, one has to use the Master Keys Installer.  Be sure to identify where you want the VST2 installed (as well as your samples) and be sure to select "Stand Alone" when the installer opens or it will install the plug but not the player, i.e. Master Keys plugin.

Sadly, there is no way to add your serial to the Master Keys website, so only my 1991 Lite is listed on my products at BozDigitalAudio.com and only the 1926 Lite is listed at BozMasterKeys.com.  This means I have to visit two separate sites to get the serial numbers in order to install both at the same time.

Kinda convoluted but It's all sorted now. 

• Like 1

Nice sounding.  Very useable.  Would definitely pay to upgrade to PRO if there's a path to that.  Anyone know if there's a discounted upgrade path from Lite to Pro?

• Like 1