Bounce and export problems

Hi everyone, after the latest update I can't solve a problem with bounce to track and export.
Every time I use bounce to track with a CBB virtual instrument it stops, sometimes it returns directly to the windows screen and when I export a Sonar project it freezes on the screen and I am forced to restart.
In both cases the bounce is not done, instead the export is regularly completed in the assigned folder.
I tried restoring AUD.INI to default settings and excluding or deleting the effects from the project but the problems didn't go away.
Nothing has been changed in the last update, I haven't had a single problem in the last 10 years (Cake pro 9 and i was beta tester for boston), Sonar is perfect, I can't understand what could have happened.
What do you think?

Posted (edited)

Best to submit to the developers as per instructions in this video.  But looking at the crash dumps can help you determine exactly what is causing it. 

Edited by John Vere

What VSTi and is the MIDI your own or some 3rd-party content?

What's your ASIO buffer size and do you have a non-zero value set for BounceBufSizeMsec in Preferences > Audio > Config File? Reverting AUD.INI should have defaulted it back to zero which tells CbB to use the realtime ASIO buffer size for offline rendering.  If the realtime buffer is very small or very large, it can cause problems for some plug-ins.

Post a screenshot of your bounce/export dialog right before OK.

On 5/29/2024 at 5:12 PM, John Vere said:

Best to submit to the developers as per instructions in this video.  But looking at the crash dumps can help you determine exactly what is causing it. 

Thanks for replay, no configuration or windows problems here,i repeat, any problems before the last update

On 5/29/2024 at 8:41 PM, David Baay said:

What VSTi and is the MIDI your own or some 3rd-party content?

What's your ASIO buffer size and do you have a non-zero value set for BounceBufSizeMsec in Preferences > Audio > Config File? Reverting AUD.INI should have defaulted it back to zero which tells CbB to use the realtime ASIO buffer size for offline rendering.  If the realtime buffer is very small or very large, it can cause problems for some plug-ins.

Post a screenshot of your bounce/export dialog right before OK.

In the last test i have deleted all vsti and vst effects, CBB freeze after the bounce

1 hour ago, GIM Productions said:

In the last test i have deleted all vsti and vst effects, CBB freeze after the bounce

So what instrument are you freezing? If it's TTS-1 which is a DXi and has proven to be less than perfectly stable for some users, try a VSTi.

Did you try a non-real-time bounce and/or alternative real-time buffer sizes? If fast bounce works, the real-time problem is something to do with your audio interface driver.

Have you rebooted at some point since updating?

I understand the problem seems related to updating, but AFAIK no one else is experiencing anything like this so it seems unlikely that's the only factor.

Maybe share a simple project for others to test and see if it reproduces on different hardware.

With all due respect to the TTS I have slightly more complicated projects😁, I usually use Syntronik or AAS Ultra Analog VA3 all vsti, but I repeat that even by disabling everything, the problem persists.
Luckily CBB stops after it finishes exporting so I was able to finish my work.
For bounce I record the vsti in real time in an audio track.
I continue to investigate

It sounds like bounce buffer setting or plugin flush problems. Too large buffer can cause problems, and so can too small. You could also try turning off flush buffers. I had some problems with locking up after bounces until I turned off flush  buffers. I can’t remember who told me to try this. 

53 minutes ago, Max Arwood said:

It sounds like bounce buffer setting or plugin flush problems. Too large buffer can cause problems, and so can too small. You could also try turning off flush buffers. I had some problems with locking up after bounces until I turned off flush  buffers. I can’t remember who told me to try this. 

Thanks

• Like 1

On 5/31/2024 at 1:08 PM, GIM Productions said:

For bounce I record the vsti in real time in an audio track.

Is this because you're manually interacting with the synth UI while recording, or you just don't like Fast Bounce?

Are you also exporting in real time?

As I said, if that's the case, it's likely some interoperability issue with the driver is causing the crash, and doing a Fast bounce/export should avoid it because it doesn't involve the audio driver.

I mentioned TTS-1 because you wrote "CBB virtual instrument" which I interpreted as meaning something bundled with it, and TTS-1 is the only instrument I know of that regularly causes crashes.

15 hours ago, David Baay said:

Is this because you're manually interacting with the synth UI while recording, or you just don't like Fast Bounce?

Are you also exporting in real time?

As I said, if that's the case, it's likely some interoperability issue with the driver is causing the crash, and doing a Fast bounce/export should avoid it because it doesn't involve the audio driver.

I mentioned TTS-1 because you wrote "CBB virtual instrument" which I interpreted as meaning something bundled with it, and TTS-1 is the only instrument I know of that regularly causes crashes.

No, I'm recording the output of the vsti in real time because even using bounce to track 🫢gives me the same problem as exporting the project.
I'm still working on it, with vsti I export by recording and fortunately even if Sonar crashes it exports the project file correctly.