APD Deal: Pattern Strings by Osterhouse Sounds - 64% Off!

Larry Shelby

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Fleer said:

Osterhouse rules!

Agreed. Ben's a very talented and creative musician and indie developer.  I love seeing indie developers like him thrive.  I own this library and a bunch of his other libraries and wholeheartedly recommend them. You can find yourself spending a good deal of time just enjoying the sounds in this one. I especially like pairing it with piano. 

I'd love it if Ben made a very thorough solo cello library with a wide range of articulations. He really gets beautiful sounds out of the instruments he samples. 

String libraries are so much more nuanced than most sampled instruments. I think the category is overdue to evolve from multisamples and clever scripting to incorporating not only physical modeling, but AI (the same goes for guitar libraries). The player's technique and touch and the instrument itself and its age -- as well as the strings used and their age -- all have a significant impact upon the resulting samples (then, like any other instrument,  the room, the mics, preamps, etc.). Strings are easily one of the sampled instruments one can most easily make the case for buying multiple libraries of the same sampled instrument type from multiple developers and I find that Ben's approach to these libraries and his sound make them worthy additions to my string library collection. 

Edited by PavlovsCat