ASIO panel not opening soundcard

Hey there. After a recent update of my UAD software, clicking on "ASIO panel" in preferences no longer opens the soundcard properties.

Wondered if anyone else experienced that?

Please let me know , if so!

Thanks

Jono

Readers will probably want to know what soundcard you are talking about. Even more info would probably be very helpful. Clicking on ASIO  panel where? Sonar, Cakewalk, windows control panel??? Other tools?

7 minutes ago, reginaldStjohn said:

With my Behringer X32 as an ASIO interface clicking on the Preferences audio setup button has never opened the Behringer ASIO panel.  I have to manually open it.

m-audio had the same issues - the ASIO panel needed to be opened directly. depends on your product but the m-audio and Behringer UMC are located in the task bar apps.

image.png.3dc0a6d0dec2b9a74445953135141914.png

30 minutes ago, John Vere said:

Just wondering?  Why do people still call them sound cards? A sound card is something you put in a PCI slot. You guys are old :)

it's true, you yung'uns jus' donna remembring how tuff we had it. 🤪

Posted (edited)

I actually avoided using Cakewalk for a few year when I fist started using a PC and preferred to stick with hardware because of Creative Sound Blaster Audigy sound card. It looked cool with the front panel stuff but Cakewalk was not usable due to all my tracks were out of sync. And the midi ports didn’t work. I later bought a proper ASIO audio interface and that was the day I actually started being able to use a DAW. 
When I see the word Sound Card I think of the days of bad audio systems. 
But then of course there were some of the all time great sound cards made by Motu and RME. I have one made by an obscure company called Sound Deluxe. 

Edited by John Vere

Well, I'm not going to apologize for using the word soundcard. 😐 And yes, I suppose I'm old.  

Anyhow, the ASIO panel (A button located in Cakewalk's preferences) has always opened THE SOUND INTERFACE'S settings page. 

It is no longer doing that.  

I was curious if anyone had noticed that change. I imagine is has to do with the UAD update. 

Jono

Posted (edited)

I wasn’t sure what you were talking about now I do.
Do you have a desktop icon for the control panel? 
That’s what I always use. I keep it in my taskbar so it’s easy to open with Sonar open if I need to change the buffer. One click. 

Edited by John Vere
  • Like 1