MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MPE Sale (Exclusive) for $132

cclarry

Take into account that, from my understanding,  if you buy Melda products outside Melda’s store itself and pretend to follow some kind of upgrade path it is less rewarding.

In upgrade paths they compensate 70% off  what you spent if bought directely from them vs 50% off the pluggin value if bought from other retailers

that is something to be considered

17 minutes ago, GoncaloL said:

Take into account that, from my understanding,  if you buy Melda products outside Melda’s store itself and pretend to follow some kind of upgrade path it is less rewarding.

In upgrade paths they compensate 70% off  what you spent if bought directely from them vs 50% off the pluggin value if bought from other retailers

that is something to be considered

I think it's only 35 percent via 3rd parties.

1 hour ago, Promidi said:

Tax added?

It's showing up as $132 on the product page itself. The price there does not include tax, if I recall correctly.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, GoncaloL said:

In reality ..from them you will probably buy 50% off too, so in the end it is indiferent  to buy from them or 3rd party

I stand corrected

When you are buying a bundle at Melda, if it includes any plugins you already own, they credit you based on the full price I believe. So it is generally better to buy them at Melda as you get 70% rather than 35%. But, there are plenty of Melda freebies that can be had for free or picked up via Knobcloud etc. If buying those, as long as you buy them at less than 35% of the full price, you’ll get the best deal when buying a bundle that includes them.

I followed this strategy and picked up Complete for just over £300. Having that has satiated a lot of my GAS.

• Like 2

• cclarry changed the title to MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MPE Sale (Exclusive) for $132
1 hour ago, GoncaloL said:

my goal is to end up getting complete too

Take the freebies and $10 specials wherever you find them (as long as they're priced less than 35% of list it's worth it even if you're "meh" about the plug-in, after all, you are trying to buy all of them anyway), and hit the 50% off bundles/everything sales when they come around to level up your bundles.

I'm not sure exactly how they do it, but the credit they give you for owning existing plug-ins in bundles added up way faster than I thought it would. A bundle sale would come around and I'd be surprised what I could get for my money/referral credits.

Which, BTW, although it's no longer allowed to post your referral code here, it's a good idea to spread it around as much as possible. Put "PM me for a 1st time buyer's discount on MeldaProduction software" in your sig. Mention it when discussions about MeldaProduction sales come up. That 20% first time buyer's discount is NICE, pairing it with the €10 newsletter credit can make for a good price drop on a bundle. MEssentialsFX for under a hundy, MFreeFX-to-pro versions for under ten, etc.

I threw mine around for years, then got cautioned about it both here and at VI Control just after I got my MComplete license. If I had to get told to stop, the timing on it was perfect. A LOT of people got discounts using my code while I had it out there.

• Great Idea 1

Posted (edited)

If you're not going to do sound or instrument design or endless low-level tweaking, don't waste your money on the full version. The LE version includes all instruments, including new ones that get added, but only provides limited preset tweaking (up to 8 predefined parameters, IIRC). Pretty much an exact structural equivalent to Arturia's Analog Lab Pro vs their V Collection. At list prices, the LE version is 99 € vs 299 €. I picked up the LE version on one of Melda's 50% sales. For 50 €, it gives me all I need.

Edited by John Maar
  • Like 3
  • Great Idea 1

8 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

I'm not sure exactly how they do it, but the credit they give you for owning existing plug-ins in bundles added up way faster than I thought it would. A bundle sale would come around and I'd be surprised what I could get for my money/referral credits.

This is so true. During last year's bundle sale, I was able to upgrade to MMixingFXBundle for $14.70 CAD. Then, for some reason, I was able to upgrade to MCompleteBundle for the same price. I couldn't believe my eyes. It felt like I had won the lottery. The most expensive plugin I had purchased previously was MSoundFactory LE at $67. I started buying Melda in 2020 and ended up spending about $520 CAD for MComplete. It currently retails for $3100 CAD but even if it were 50% off, $520 is a significant saving of 50% off. Like others, having MComplete has significantly reduced my GAS purchases.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Then, for some reason, I was able to upgrade to MCompleteBundle for the same price. I couldn't believe my eyes. It felt like I had won the lottery.

Same.

Another strategy tip, if you've been spreading your referral code around and collecting credits, during the 50% bundle (or everything) sales, wait until the last day or so to make any purchases. This is because you might find a nice surprise on your referral program page due to someone else using your code.

I started doing this after a sale where I spent some credits at the start of the sale (having had my eye on something or other), then checked later and saw that someone had made a big purchase toward the end.

The referral program was a huge boon to me, and I wasn't ever pushy about it, just shared what I knew about the products like I do now, then mentioned that if someone didn't have a friend with a MeldaProduction account, they could use my code, which was____.

I don't need that incentive to be an enthusiastic customer; for people who dig that sort of thing they're candy. With some exceptions (MTurboDelay, MTurboReverb, MTurboEQ), they work best for people who like to be able to get under the hood. If you see someone's electronics workbench and think "wow, I bet you could do some cool stuff with that," you'll dig 'em. If you see the bench and think "thank heaven I don't have to mess with that," then download the free bundle for the utilities and be happy.?

• Like 1