Drum Pro 32 Lagging?

I wanted to add some hand claps to a song, Found some decent sounding ones in the Drum Pro 32 drum synth (Drum Hip Hop 6) . So I used these.

However, now they often seem to be delayed when I play the track. I have gone back into the midi several times and moved the notes around and they seem fine for a while then later they are wrong again. It really isn't much midi info = 2 notes played about 8 times in 8 bars of music.

In this song I also have several other soft synths Si-Drums, si-Electric piano, Si-Electric bass, so I think I might becoming processor/memory over stretched - but I don't know. None of these others are having troubles only the Claps.

I don't have an elaborate PC setup, It is just a laptop but I managed my previous track well, (Only Si-Drums in that) Cakewalk is set to WASAPI Shared not ASIO, this is because when I first installed Cakewalk WASAPI worked and ASIO didn't, but I did not investigate why because at that time as I wanted to get on with my first project to see if this DAW would suit (and it did) 

I am tempted to bounce the claps to an audio clip, delete the Drum Pro 32 and paste the audio where I need it - unless you can help me to

A) identify what IS the problem &
B) the best way to fix it

Thanks

All your midi should be on the grid unless you desire things to be otherwise.
So start by quantize the midi to the correct timing. 
If you freeze the synth and zoom in on the waveform is it still on the grid? 

If you are using you computer audio and don’t have an audio interface WASAPI is the correct driver to use. It’s only drawback is you can’t record audio properly but midi should be rock solid. 

• Like 1

I downloaded and messed around with Drum pro, Seems like a usable freebie. I had no issues with timing. 

But! There is a Attack control that will defiantly delay the sounds if turned up to max.  

Screenshot(152).thumb.png.69b2305ca550ad0693527a55cbdc5f46.png

18 hours ago, John Vere said:

All your midi should be on the grid unless you desire things to be otherwise.
So start by quantize the midi to the correct timing. 
If you freeze the synth and zoom in on the waveform is it still on the grid? 

If you are using you computer audio and don’t have an audio interface WASAPI is the correct driver to use. It’s only drawback is you can’t record audio properly but midi should be rock solid. 

Thanks John, Unfortunately it isn't on the grid and I don't want it to be. I am trying to keep it loose - Think of The Small Faces in the 60's.
Therefore when I return it is difficult to "see" if they have moved, but I doubt it - why would they?
I have frozen the synth, moved the audio to where I want it and now it remains in place. So I will move on and remember this should I use Drum Pro 32 (but it isn't really my style.

The only Audio I have recorded so far is a bass guitar through a USB interface (Behringer UM2) it didn't give me much trouble. What problems should I expect if/when I record some vocals (I am not a good singer and mostly I am re-mixing someone else's recordings)

The UM2 is not recommended for use with PC based DAW’s. It doesn’t have a ASIO driver so audio will be out of sync with the tracks. This is probably why you are having a problem and I didn’t. ASIO is important for syncing audio.