Cakewalk isn't finding my plugin for Guitar Rig 6

guitarzan007

Question

Posted (edited)

Hi.  I've started using Cakewalk fairly recently, and I found that Cakewalk isn't finding my Native Instruments Guitar Rig 6 plugin.  To be honest, I don't know exactly where the VST resides on my computer, but when I open a different DAW (Mixcraft Studio ) I'm able to bring it up without any problem.  If anyone has any ideas, I'd really appreciate the help. Thanks.

Edited by guitarzan007

4 answers to this question

You need to find out where the VST DLL file for Guitar Rig 6 resides on your computer.

Then add that location to the list of VST Scan Paths in Preferences - Files - VST Settings.

If that location is already listed, then from that same preferences screen, do a scan.

14 minutes ago, guitarzan007 said:

Hi.  I've started using Cakewalk fairly recently, and I found that Cakewalk isn't finding my Native Instruments Guitar Rig 6 plugin.  To be honest, I don't know exactly where the VST resides on my computer, but when I open a different DAW (Mixcraft Studio ) I'm able to bring it up without any problem.  If anyone has any ideas, I'd really appreciate the help. Thanks.

I would open it in Mixcraft and try to find its location there first. 
I see Promidi has answered while I was typing. He probably has a better answer. 😄

Hey guys! I just want to say thank you so much.  With a little hunting, I was able to find the Guitar Rig 6 dll, copied it to the VST folder in Cakewalk, and BAM!!!  It worked perfectly.  I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out.  I'm so happy I can now use this in Cakewalk.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, guitarzan007 said:

Hey guys! I just want to say thank you so much.  With a little hunting, I was able to find the Guitar Rig 6 dll, copied it to the VST folder in Cakewalk, and BAM!!!  It worked perfectly.  I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out.  I'm so happy I can now use this in Cakewalk.

I would guess that you found the dll in C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\VSTPlugins 64 bit. If so, I would recommend that instead of moving plugins around, you simply add that path to Edit > Preferences > File > VST Settings | VST Scan Paths in Cakewalk, just as Promidi suggested.

If not, anytime that plugin is updated through Native Access, the updated dll will once again be put in NI's default plugin directory, and not update your copy in Cakewalk's VST folder.

• Like 1