Horizontal FX Bin - ProTools like (with picture)

Hello,

My suggestion is to add the channel FX bin in horizontal single line style, something similar to ProTools.

Why? So you could minimize all tracks to a single line and still be able to directly access each plugin or turn them ON/OFF.

With many many tracks this would be a very welcome GUI feature, to have a constant overview of them all.

Attached is a photoshopped picture I've made.

Sonar concept.jpg

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 2

This is what console view is for. The D shortcut toggles it. 
But your suggestion is viable. It would be a matter of changing the FX bin to a horizontal stacking instead of vertical. 

4 hours ago, Ugo Fantozzi said:

Why? So you could minimize all tracks to a single line and still be able to directly access each plugin or turn them ON/OFF.

I like this idea and it makes sense for larger projects - The new Sonar will have a vector based GUI, so hopefully this could introduce more flexibility such as this type of idea. Imagine by default with the track expanded the FX bins are the same as now, but as you collapse them at some point the FX bins change to horizontal format.

27 minutes ago, John Vere said:

This is what console view is for. 

Many DAW users don't use a console style view so much and like to work with a track view/inspector, so I think this works well for that workflow 

• Like 3
  • Great Idea 1

Recently I've seen the tutorial video from Andrew Scheps - Mixing template.

He does all his mixing in the compact track view (ProTools), he never opens any other views.

I completely agree with his approach. I want the GUI to be as simple as it can be, really there is no need to simulate old hardware consoles or other equipment.

Cakewalk's GUI is very customizable and I like this a lot, just the vertical FX bin is breaking the game, since you must "open" the compacted track before accessing the plugins.