UAD Luna Updated to 1.6 2nd Supplemental

Larry Shelby

Posted (edited)

LUNA v1.6 2nd Supplemental

KNOWN
ISSUE

The I/O Settings panel (Settings > I/O Settings) is currently unpopulated when an ASIO device is selected. This will be fixed in a future release.

FIXED

Resolved a PLAYBACK DISABLED error state that affected some third party ASIO devices

FIXED

Resolved an issue that prevented sidechain connections from passing audio through VST3 plug-ins

FIXED

The warning to update plug-ins no longer occurs for expired demo plug-ins

FIXED

Resolved an error message about session location that could prevent LUNA from launching

FIXED

Implemented a fix for some VST3 plug-in scanning issues that could prevent LUNA launch

FIXED

Resolved an issue that could cause LUNA to stop responding when inserting a VST3 plug-in with a large number of parameters

Run Luna to Update

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I'm loving it...haven't had a problem since my initial "restart" problem.  Once restarted
it's been smooth sailing! I haven't had a single issue, and I've been putting it through it's
paces!  I even have all the "demo extensions" installed!  It's been a hoot!  I still haven't pulled
the "Pro" trigger yet, but most likely will!

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 2

Ouch! I just tried to play the included demo by Ryan Wright and it destroyed both my Apollo cores AND my CPU.  Lots of crackling...    ?

Current setup:

Apollo Twin USB | Win10 | AMD Ryzen 3 1200 Quad-Core Processor  3.30 GHz | SSDs

11 minutes ago, mibby said:

Ouch! I just tried to play the included demo by Ryan Wright and it destroyed both my Apollo cores AND my CPU.  Lots of crackling...    ?

Current setup:

Apollo Twin USB | Win10 | AMD Ryzen 3 1200 Quad-Core Processor  3.30 GHz | SSDs

I believe it's in the song. It's mostly in the second drum loop clip, but also in the Fireworks track and Noisy clap track.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jacques Boileau said:

I believe it's in the song. It's mostly in the second drum loop clip, but also in the Fireworks track and Noisy clap track.

Thanks, I haven't had a chance to really dig in to things.  I'll check that out when I do...

• Larry Shelby changed the title to UAD Luna Updated to 1.6 2nd Supplemental
Posted (edited)

I thinks this is going to be my main (and only) DAW.

I'm just waiting on functions like multi-output routing for plugins and resizable windows.
And really important...vst2 support (and obviously have the option to choose s costume vst folder location). 
If not, I'll go ahead and purchase Studio One.

So far I love Luna's interface and workflow, straight to the point and beautifully designed.

Edited by Ez Tutor
  • Like 1

If you use Kontakt libraries, you may want to see if you can successfully add a Kontakt instance to Luna. It has been reported by some that this crashes Luna. It certainly crashed when I tried it!

Luna is appealing in some ways, and in some ways seems to be trying to emulate Studio One, but Studio One is a much more mature product that already has just about everything most people would want, so I'll be sticking with that.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You're right, Kontakt crashes.

They resolved this with the new update.
But still need Midi and Audio Routing features to efficiently use Kontakt (and other plugins).
Keyswitching features within the MIDI editor would be nice but not as important (I usually use different expressions as separate instruments anyways for proper EQing).