i want to use two behringer umc 1820 simultaneously to have a total of 16 in / out

Members

Posted February 10 (edited)

i have latest version of cakewalk and two behringer cards umc 1820 with the last firmware. I have connected together with optically for clocking. Can i see the two devises on my daw simultaneously. The best option  is ?              a) wasapi shared      b) wds/ks            c) wasapi exclusive              d) mme 32              e)Asio

Normally ASIO would be the first choice every time.

Have you checked that the Behringer UMC1820 driver actually supports more than one device plugged in at the same time?  Most interfaces don't, the notable exception being RME - and even then, I think it's limited to two devices.

You may find you need to disconnect the USB from one of them and essentially use it as an ADAT expander, as I doubt the Behringer drivers will support both being used as full audio interfaces simultaneously.  In essence, you'd be using one of the UMC1820's as a ADA8200.

i use the UMC 1820 and UMC 202 HD together - they use the same ASIO driver so enabling them works. pretty sure two 1820 would work as well. a ways back, i had 2 M-Audio 1010LT cards which also worked on the same 1010LT ASIO driver. it's just a matter of hardware being able to use the same driver (and of course not have the driver restrict itself to a single HW IO unit). otherwise different ASIO drivers - not workable.

I'm not familiar with the 1820, but see it has ADAT I/O. If all you need is more inputs, you can feed the ADAT out from the "expander" interface into the ADAT in of the "main" interface. Sync the main interface to the expander 1820 (it should be the master clock), and you 'll be good to go with ASIO drivers.

I think Windows WDM can aggregate interfaces natively, although there may be a little more latency than with ASIO.