IK Total Studio Sale!

Larry Shelby

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, reginaldStjohn said:

So, anyone can get this price regardless of previous purchases? Too bad there isn't a cross grade price or upgrade from any "MAX" product type thing. 

EDIT:  That was $99 for Standard - Pro $149.99 and Max $199.99

These must be the upgrade/crossgrade prices at JRR

EDIT AGAIN:  It says nothing about upgrade/crossgrade so I assume it's the full product

Edited by cclarry

$140 with max JamPoints used.  Dammit.  I have the equivalent products in TS2 (but not TS2) and this seems like a no-brainer for the stuff I don't have like the reverbs, MODO 2, and Tonex Max (I have SE). 

Is there enough new stuff to justify bringing out TS5?

Just now, Marc Cormier said:

$140 with max JamPoints used.  Dammit.  I have the equivalent products in TS2 (but not TS2) and this seems like a no-brainer for the stuff I don't have like the reverbs, MODO 2, and Tonex Max (I have SE). 

Is there enough new stuff to justify bringing out TS5?

Pianoverse, Tonex new packs, quite a bit actually.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Marc Cormier said:

have the equivalent products in TS2 (but not TS2) and this seems like a no-brainer for the stuff I don't have

IF you haven't purchased anything else from IK that falls under the TS title, then going from TS2 to TS4Max would be worth it.

However, if you have done like many of us here have done, and bought lots of stuff from IK in different sales that came along, go do your research (that means go into your account a sift through all the stuff you have). See what you already have:

1. Everything that TS4Max has
  2. Most of what TS4Max has
  3. Not much of what TS4Max has

Only then you can make your choice is it worth it or not. The amount of software you get is not really the goal, or is it? IOW there maybe one or two products you don't have that are worth the money to you for the price of upgrade. Or you may get so much new software that it would be "No-Brainer" territory!! That's really up to what you have in your IK account. Or how much GAS you got!!

I speak from experience.

Good luck!! :)

• Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 2

23 minutes ago, cclarry said:

FWIW...it's always cheaper once you reach TX Max status to just buy TS Max upgrades when a new version
comes out.  Buying this stuff "piecemeal" is too much...

Agree with this. This is the "Best Bang For Your Money" method with IK.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, reginaldStjohn said:

So, anyone can get this price regardless of previous purchases? Too bad there isn't a cross grade price or upgrade from any "MAX" product type thing. 

Deals like this one from IK usually indicate that major version updates are around the corner. As Larry pointed out, MAX tier is the cheapest way to get the latest and greatest once it comes out.

• Like 1