Not a deal ( but deal adjacent) Behringer Article

dubdisciple

Since Behringer's business model is about offering deals ( and some would argue thievery) I figured this kinda fits. This article brings up a point I never considered. Behringer is probably more blatant about taking inspiration from vintage products than anyone else. I'm not just talking about licensed products either.  Some of the most popular products are modeled after  popular products without official licensing.  None of them get the flack that Behringer does. I am not here to defend Behringer's practices, but to simply share something I found interesting.

https://www.musicradar.com/news/behringer-ubxa-best-selling-synth

• Like 3

I believe the flack is mostly due to Behringer's, let's say, somewhat unfortunate online responses. I've said it before, the critique is more often than not hypocritcal. There are arbitrary lines being crossed when someone says all 'cloning' is bad, or just for products that are still in production, etc. Warm Audio makes a lot of 'clones' (or inspired by...) and is getting praise. I don't think the VST argument is any good, but there is certainly some bias.

• Like 1